The Chronom Blitz Tournament

Started by Aurzel, August 23, 2010, 07:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

I have not kept track of this: can you replay maps that you have played earlier?

I would suggest we choose an obscure starting date and all players start at that date and play forward from that map onwards.  That way all are playing the same maps with the same difficulty and perhaps minimal chances of having prior experience of the maps they play,.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Aurzel on September 06, 2010, 12:45:29 PM
well i think actually the one hour one could be set up individually i.e. each person can pick an hour that they feel is best for them

Does this mean I can try as long as I want and indicate later on which 1 hour timeframe should be used to calculate my total score?

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 06, 2010, 01:24:41 PM
I have not kept track of this: can you replay maps that you have played earlier?

I would suggest we choose an obscure starting date and all players start at that date and play forward from that map onwards.  That way all are playing the same maps with the same difficulty and perhaps minimal chances of having prior experience of the maps they play,.

Yeah, I like to know this as well. And should all maps be played in a fixed order?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

actually karsten i was thinking more along the lines of supplying the selected maps so just pick some random dates and maybe check to see if they've been played or not (that'll work for the 1 hour one but i like your idea for the longer 2 just pick a vague starting date and everyone can play from there onwards

@upperkees no when a person is ready to do their one hour i'll supply the maps and the following hour is their time

UpperKEES

Quote from: Aurzel on September 07, 2010, 12:37:49 PM
@upperkees no when a person is ready to do their one hour i'll supply the maps and the following hour is their time

Ah, so the maps are kept secret until a players plays them? So what if somebody tells someone else? Or when I just look at the recently posted scores once the tournament has started to figure out which maps will be played?

Sorry for all these questions, but I just like a competition to be fair with equal chances for all....

Aurzel

if someone tells someone else that makes it a bit bad for them since it will hurt their chances of winning and as for looking for scores it's highly unlikely that someone will figure out since you'd have to look through all the dates wouldnt you

UpperKEES

When a random date suddenly gets a lot of plays you can assume it's a tournament map.

And a 'friend' can also be someone who is not that competitive, or just a second account.... ;)

Aurzel

again you'd have to look through all the maps to find the one with a lot of plays, and along with that it wont be like after 2 days there's 30 plays
well if a little made up title is so important that someone has to resort to flat out cheating to get it ...