The Chronom Blitz Tournament

Started by Aurzel, August 23, 2010, 07:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurzel

This is a bit of fun for all of you on the wind down from the summer holidays and for the rest of you that quite frankly ... have no life ;)
That's right in honour of this huge release I think it's only fitting we hold a tournament to determine who is the master of the chronom (Virgil being the demi-god he is of course)
The rules are simple, who ever can beat the most chronom missions in the allotted time period will be crowned master of the chronom!
We will have several different competitions running at the same time to test your speed, endurance and lack of social life.^^

The different competitions will be split up as follows:
One Hour Blitz: How many maps can you complete in the space of an hour (remember to go to the bathroom and have a drink or snack handy beforehand)
One Day Marathon: You have 12 hours to play as many maps as possible (weekends are advisable)
Three Day Slog: For those of you finding themselves with far too much time on their hands, play as many maps as possible in three days

Anyone who wants to participate (even virgil) has to register in this thread before the closing date (date pending) which will be annouced at a later time, giving their username, the times and dates which they will be free, if possible for the next two weeks (depending on which contest they're entering) and which of the three competitions they'll be entering.
Note: It is possible to enter all three if you want since they will be held at seperate times to try to accomodate for people with different schedules and time zones.

Once the closing date for registration is reached the times and dates of the competitions will be annouced within a few days so it is important that participants check back here often as it would be a shame to miss the starting time (especially for the One Hour Blitz)
All maps completed MUST be presented with a screenshot both of the map after the rift is activated as well as the score screen afterwards.

EDIT: The maps will be announced in the chat room about ten minutes before the tournament actually begins to help prevent cheating so make sure all preperations are completed beforehand (e.g. ready to take screenshots and drinks/snacks if needed)
Also there may be more than one group for each tournament if there's clashes in available times for participants.

I wish everyone the best and I hope a lot of you will be entering, and finally good luck!

Aurzel

Karsten75

I suggest you wait until after the beta. You may get more takers then...

Aurzel

this is just a preliminary to see what the betas think, it wont start till after the chronom is released

Aurzel

ok i'm bringing this back to the top, anyone got an inkling to participate?

L'ythelle

I'm wondering how you will know when a map was completed, as the scoreboard doesn't register what time a score was submitted. So, can anyone claim any score for tournament purposes?

I might go for the 1 hour tourney. I'm sure I could finish at least one map during that time. Maybe even 2 on a good day. :P  Lately, my scores have been pretty embarrassing.

Aurzel

unfortunately as it stands there's no way of knowing when a score was made virgil has said he might be able to cook something up but as it stands we're going on the honour system, i know some people will follow it so lets hope everyone does

UpperKEES

That's like running the 100 meters without a stopwatch, so everybody will have to count the seconds themselves.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

lets just say that i'm hoping that the lengths someone would have to go to to cheat in this tourny wouldnt be worth the effort

edit: small change to the rules to help prevent cheating, go take a quick look at the first post

knucracker

I just changed the individual map score table.... if you hover over the score, a tooltip will pop up with the time that score was posted.

Aurzel

brilliant, seems to work great
well that problem's solved we'll know when someone posts a score

Fisherck

I would love to be part of this. The only problem is when. If it is at a suitable time for me, the one hour tournament would be perfect. Otherwise, just ignore me. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Aurzel

well i think actually the one hour one could be set up individually i.e. each person can pick an hour that they feel is best for them

Fisherck

Quote from: Aurzel on September 06, 2010, 12:45:29 PM
well i think actually the one hour one could be set up individually i.e. each person can pick an hour that they feel is best for them

That is a very good idea. I like it. To bad I could not think of that. :P
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Aurzel

well there you have it, i think we've solved all the problems so anyone who's going to take part put your name down here