Custom Map #7985: Get Fried. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, December 09, 2019, 09:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7985: Get Fried

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 90x225

Desc:
Well, this isn't so bad. A few emitters, a few spore towers. You can do this. Really, I believe in you. You'll be fine. Trust me. #Sorrontiphobia #StuffHappensWhenYouDoStuff #DontTrustMe #TrustYourGut #TheresDefinitelyCRPLHere #CRPL #IgnoreTheTagsTheyDontHelp #OrDoThey #ReallyWhoAmIToSay

Sorrontis

Who doesn't love a little Sorrontis map here and now.

I thought I'd make another. I had so much fun with the last one. :D
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Helper

LOL!
Checking the listing, I see you already have one rage quit and a one finger (1) rating from a dissatisfied customer. That tells me I'm about to have fun.
:)
Thanks for doing another map.
H

EDIT - thank you for helping me invent some new rude words...but you did warn us: "#DontTrustMe".
I was trucking right along there knowing that at the end I had beaten your time.
Man plans, the Gods laugh.
BTW, can you modify your name for this map to just "Get F'ed"?
Going back in to try to finish this thing off.
Thanks again,
H

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Helper on December 10, 2019, 04:54:21 AM
LOL!
Checking the listing, I see you already have one rage quit and a one finger (1) rating from a dissatisfied customer. That tells me I'm about to have fun.

you hit the nail on the head. I don't even understand why one can rate maps that one didn't (couldn't) finish. I didn't finish this map and while I cursed in three languages when "something" occured, it would never dawn on me to give a low rate to this.....

Sorrontis

Quote from: Helper on December 10, 2019, 06:51:41 PM
I'm still swearing. :(

Is it because of the start? or the surprise?
I nulled the 3 central spore towers very early in.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Martin Gronsdal

rating now is 2,8. There are 5 persons that rated, including me. I gave 10.

(10 + 4x)/5 = 2,8
10 + 4x = 2,8*5
10 + 4x = 14
4x = 14 - 10
4x = 4
x = 4/4
x = 1

I gave a 10. Four other persons gave a score 1.  If anything, I find this very interesting - and I have no idea why one would bestow a map with a rating of 1 because it is difficult or has a twist at the endning.

oh, and did I mention - that it is difficult?

Helper

Quote from: Sorrontis on December 11, 2019, 11:52:31 AM
Quote from: Helper on December 10, 2019, 06:51:41 PM
I'm still swearing. :(

Is it because of the start? or the surprise?
I nulled the 3 central spore towers very early in.

No...it was that little monster I nicknamed "Frank" (for Frankenstein). It ran all over the place wiping out everything in sight and I couldn't figure out how to kill it.
Spoiler
Then I looked at the Weapons list again and realized you had improved the arsenal.
[close]

I was tempted to go back to my last save and take another run at it, but my eyeballs were bleeding and I ran out of swearwords.
An exceptional map. Don't think I've ever played one with that kind of twist before.
Thanks,
H

Johnny Haywire

QuoteAn exceptional map. Don't think I've ever played one with that kind of twist before.

I think I have... and It was a map by Sorrontis. Maybe he knows which one. Or maybe this is new and I just saw it coming and felt as if it had happened already.

As I was juuuust about to kill the last nullifier, a voice in my head said, "Hey, this is a Sorrontis map. I feel a disturbance in the Force so I'd better save this map... yanno, just. in. case." (I highly recommend that you listen to that voice and save the map)

My solution was to save a screenshot and then build a base that would be easier to defend against all the nonsense that was coming. It really wasn't that bad I thought. And I didn't use the new weapons to kill anything that might have popped up... don't you just use nullifiers for it?

Great map dude, and if I could have rated it a negative number I would've just because I know you love those low ratings! The only thing I didn't like about the map was that there wasn't any AC, so in the middle of winter I had to turn on the AC just because I can't do your maps without it.

Although, I can envision a future Sorrontis map in which all the AC suddenly is converted into Creeper... yanno, I'm not gonna give you any ideas. Never mind that.

Love your maps, dude. Didn't curse even once... in fact, this map actually brought a smile to my face. Perhaps it was an evil grin thinking of all the creatures lower on the evolutionary ladder that felt anger and frustration on this map. Or maybe it was because of the yummy potato chips I was eating at the time. Either way, great map dude!  Three evil grins up! ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

marvinitfox

This map superbly combines the best and worst of possible maps.

It has all the fun and excitement of a long, tedious slog.
It simply bristles with false expectations.
It has a Masters Degree from the Brutus Academy of Backstabbing Surprises.

All of these are tolerable, even nice.

But that unkillable little .... thing.... is too much.

What I finally figured out:
Spoiler

1) it is immune to ALL weapons. The Sniper you are given is a red herring.
2) It CAN be neutralized. Except that it runs away when zapped, so you need to put a neutralizer on a PZ
AND disable the neutralizer until the monster is right next t it, *then* enable it again. So it can hit the Beast long enough to kill it before it runs out of range
[close]

And... remember to protect your forge. You DONT want to face the ELdrich Horrors with unupgraded anything.
I build a 10-high wall around the forge, a moat around that, and another 10-wall. Seemed to work.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 11, 2019, 04:50:37 PM
This map superbly combines the best and worst of possible maps.

It has all the fun and excitement of a long, tedious slog.
It simply bristles with false expectations.
It has a Masters Degree from the Brutus Academy of Backstabbing Surprises.

All of these are tolerable, even nice.

But that unkillable little .... thing.... is too much.

What I finally figured out:
Spoiler

1) it is immune to ALL weapons. The Sniper you are given is a red herring.
2) It CAN be neutralized. Except that it runs away when zapped, so you need to put a neutralizer on a PZ
AND disable the neutralizer until the monster is right next t it, *then* enable it again. So it can hit the Beast long enough to kill it before it runs out of range
[close]

And... remember to protect your forge. You DONT want to face the ELdrich Horrors with unupgraded anything.
I build a 10-high wall around the forge, a moat around that, and another 10-wall. Seemed to work.

Spoiler
I actually relocated the Forge, waited until it again gets all maxed up, then killed the last emitter. Oh, and before killing the last emitter, I built mortars, reactors and relays everywhere, and leveled the corners where the evil reemerges to 1, while everything else was 10. Then I built nullifiers on PZ.... and I won. I also prayed to every god I know - and it worked.
[close]

Sorrontis

You guys praise really know how to make a dog blush.

pastor.healer

Well... I gave you a 10 mister

Sure glad I did the C thing along the way

Nice twist at the end  :)

Well done!