What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanguard

Quote from: DavidMadsen on April 27, 2014, 04:01:02 AM
Ok, never tried the project... it's a bit intimidating, maybe a tutorial would be in order.

1) Make a new custom map.
2) add a CRPLcore ( you find those under "units" )
3) Doubleclick the core and: remove the image, uncheck all of the checked radio buttons.
4) UNder "units" you find a button called scripts. Click it and create a new one. Put the following content in:
once
SetCreeperFlowRate(1)
SetCreeperEvaporationLimit(0)
endonce

Save the script and close it.

5) Again, doubleclick the CRPLcore. At the bottom of the attribute list you will find a dropdown menu. From there select the script you edited and attach it to the CRPLcore.

Done.

DavidMadsen

How about in game achievements corresponding the steam ones, for those who don't use steam but still like shiny stuff?

Karsten75

Quote from: DavidMadsen on April 28, 2014, 12:18:56 PM
How about in game achievements corresponding the steam ones, for those who don't use steam but still like shiny stuff?

Install Steam - it's free, get a Steam key for CW3 - again free, and play it from there.

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 28, 2014, 01:19:27 PM
Quote from: DavidMadsen on April 28, 2014, 12:18:56 PM

Install Steam - it's free, get a Steam key for CW3 - again free, and play it from there.

i suggest you read the posters comments before telling him to do what he expressly doesn't want to do. ::)
and i guess this would be for V to say if it's easily doable or not, i too would like to see achievements without running the game through Steam, but i'm not massively bothered if it doesn't happen
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

I suggest you read. He didn't say he didn't want to use steam, he just said he wasn't using it. So my suggestion was - if he wanted shiny stuff so much - to use Steam for free and to get the shiny stuff.

teknotiss

errrr? that's how you read his post? because i read it as a request for those who don't use Steam (as in choose not to, since the obvious solution is what you suggest ::)) to be able to get the achievements in game!
perhaps DavidMadsen can clarify what he meant, i think i'm correct, but if he's never heard of Steam being free perhaps you are?
some people do choose, for many reasons, to not use steam and they may want/like the achievements too (and i fit in this catagory, but only barely since i only care a little about such things), so i still think this is something V could answer
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

icanfly

A replay function would be awesome. I'd like to see an experienced player doing a tough map  ;)

and maybe the ability to rate the difficulty of a map in the dmd