Custom Map #59: The Volcanoes

Started by AutoPost, August 23, 2011, 08:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #59: The Volcanoes

Author: Grabarz19

Desc:
Your arrival on the planet had awakened the two volcanoes, which were supposed to destroy themselves in that case. The friendly volcano appears that it could use some help from you. The custom Lava Tiles were made by Sqaz.

Grabarz

Why was the map such heavily nerfed? I may understand that you pros didnt want to wait for all waves to launch, but you could have replaced solid terrain with normal instead of removing almost all waves  from the process. The emitters are such easy to nullify right now just by going down there after all waves launch, since they're still set to launch on 9000th frame...

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grabarz on August 23, 2011, 08:14:43 PM
Why was the map such heavily nerfed? I may understand that you pros didnt want to wait for all waves to launch, but you could have replaced solid terrain with normal instead of removing almost all waves  from the process. The emitters are such easy to nullify right now just by going down there after all waves launch, since they're still set to launch on 9000th frame...
Nerfed? When we approve/deny a map, we simply let it through or we don't, we don't make any changes to the map. Did you upload the right file?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grabarz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 23, 2011, 08:21:12 PM
Nerfed? When we approve/deny a map, we simply let it through or we don't, we don't make any changes to the map. Did you upload the right file?
Oh damn, now that's a weird stuff... the file I've uploaded appears to be different than the map I've posted score from, because it had all "dots" filled with creeper... which can be seen how my fields are placed
And I have no idea how can I prove it now other than my save files in game, but they're quite far into the gameplay already.
Is there an option for deleting this map so i could upload a fixed one? .__.

Ebon Heart

If you upload a V.2 and request for the map to be taken down, I believe V or GR can take it down. I just approve them. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Fisherck

Quote from: Grabarz on August 23, 2011, 08:30:01 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 23, 2011, 08:21:12 PM
Oh damn, now that's a weird stuff... the file I've uploaded appears to be different than the map I've posted score from, because it had all "dots" filled with creeper... which can be seen how my fields are placed
And I have no idea how can I prove it now other than my save files in game, but they're quite far into the gameplay already.
Is there an option for deleting this map so i could upload a fixed one? .__.

I think it would be easier to just upload a "fixed" version. That's what is usually done. By the way, I like your field idea for showing how many blasts are left. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grabarz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 23, 2011, 08:34:55 PM
If you upload a V.2 and request for the map to be taken down, I believe V or GR can take it down. I just approve them. :P
The best question is what happened to that save file, because if the map changed so that the difficulty would be higher, it would be considered cheating...
Well okay, I'll upload a fixed one. But I'd rather this one to be taken down, it's quite way too easy to even be...

@up Thanks ;), but the real havoc begins if you dont manage to take down the emitters before they start emitting: the energy is really balanced here, at least for my strategy.

Grabarz

I think I know what happened. The creeper from other cells has moved to the first ones up to 5M strength, as much as the pin field can handle for moving. I consider this a map editor glitch, because nobody messed up my files...

EDIT: Okay, I hope it was an one-shot glitch, still kinda weird. I'll post the fixed version tommorow, because it's a bit late for me to beat that map again.

Grauniad

I believe this map is now in the big bit-bucket in the sky. If not, PM me.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon