Main Menu

Error dumps

Started by chwooly, December 12, 2017, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

The attached file has 5 dump logs from the last few weeks, Today was the first time I saw the pop up about an error log being created and when I checked there were 5 in total so here they are zipped for your convenience, The crashes have only recently started, I am guessing a Win 10 64bit update is the cause as I have not installed anything other then Civ 6 and that was installed after the crashes started.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Karsten75

More like your graphics card has run out of memory

chwooly

This is interesting, It only happens with PF, I do tend to open and close and then reopen PF later without rebooting, Actualy I do that with Firefox as well so maybe mem is not being released when I close programs, I only reboot about once a week so might have to start rebooting more often.

Thanks for taking a look and getting back to me.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Karsten75

This is your graphics card memory. I'd check if the GPU drivers were up-to-date, and if the settings might have changes, either when you installed Civ VI or maybe after the Windows Update (that might have messed your GPU drivers).

You shouldn't have to reboot just to reclaim any memory. I run for weeks without issues.