Unapproved Map Discussion

Started by knucracker, April 14, 2010, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: deathsandwich on April 20, 2010, 05:20:02 PM
I've sent my score now. You just have to be really careful with the mortars at the beginning. I hope to see it up soon to see who else can do it.

It was kind of fun trying it. Maybe someone else gets lucky.

Karsten75

Description:
Quoteyour city falls down into a gigantic underground cavern, wait... its the hive over the creepers!

Rejection message:
QuoteThe map lags on start-up, it is overbuilt with redundant collectors, incurs a 500+ energy deficit within seconds of start-up  and is overrun with spores before a meaningful defense can be established. If you believe this map can be beat, then please supply a score for the map to be reconsidered. How to submit a pre-approval score: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=980.0

UpperKEES

I rejected this map because it's impossible to connect to the techs (behind crazonium and no space to build). Techs are required to finish the map. Rejection message has been sent.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

archn

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 26, 2010, 08:42:22 PM
I rejected this map because it's impossible to connect to the techs (behind crazonium and no space to build). Techs are required to finish the map. Rejection message has been sent.
Is it not possible to acquire techs from connecting that blaster while floating?

UpperKEES

No, techs can only be picked up by building a collector or relay. Besides that bridging techniques will only be approved for maps rated as 'Expert Only', not for a map rated 'Trivial' and meant to be a tutorial.

ontheworld

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 26, 2010, 08:42:22 PM

I... kinda forgot about that

ThePhantom

I think if you just take out that collector tech it would be good since you start with it
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

UpperKEES

No, because it's supposed to be a tutorial map and you can't expect newbies to fly over that corner and build a collector in flight.

UpperKEES

I've received quite a few similar maps by the same author, with just some minor changes (like spores, emitter intensity or an additional wall). One time 4 versions of the same map were uploaded and another time 5 versions of the same map.

Please note that we will allow only a maximum of 2 versions of the same map (i.e. 1 easy and 1 hard), and I even discourage doing that. People are not interested in playing the same map multiple times and we also need to give other map makers a change to get their maps in the spotlight for a while. So please make up your mind how hard your map should be and what type of players you're aiming at. Always make sure you can finish the map yourself.

This is also the reason we don't approve more than 2 maps by the same author per day (or 3 if all have scores submitted before approval; these maps will get priority during the approval process).

Kamron3

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 28, 2010, 04:03:14 PM
I've received quite a few similar maps by the same author, with just some minor changes (like spores, emitter intensity or an additional wall). One time 4 versions of the same map were uploaded and another time 5 versions of the same map.

Please note that we will allow only a maximum of 2 versions of the same map (i.e. 1 easy and 1 hard), and I even discourage doing that. People are not interested in playing the same map multiple times and we also need to give other map makers a change to get their maps in the spotlight for a while. So please make up your mind how hard your map should be and what type of players you're aiming at. Always make sure you can finish the map yourself.

This is also the reason we don't approve more than 2 maps by the same author per day (or 3 if all have scores submitted before approval; these maps will get priority during the approval process).

You are a map approver now?

_k

UpperKEES

Yep. More maps are being uploaded lately, so Karsten could use some help.

Kamron3

Did Virgil contact you about it?

_k

UpperKEES

I don't think this is something to discuss in this topic, but it would have been rather awkward if Virgil wouldn't have been involved.

Now, on topic please!

Azar

What hapened to my Piece o cake map ? :P
Why did it get refused

Karsten75

It's not refused, I kicked it upstairs for Virgil to make the call. If it gets refused you will get a rejection message.