Nice Job, Hard Art & Quagmire Quest - Three map series by UpperKEES

Started by UpperKEES, April 01, 2010, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ontheworld

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 31, 2010, 06:12:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a final between The Netherlands and Germany! :)

me neither, i'm dutch so yeah...

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 14: The Squad Leader.

Click the link above to play, or see the third post of this topic for more details.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

The smoking revolver

"Im just Upperkees and im making a creeper world map!"
LOLOLOLOL
There is always a I in team

UpperKEES

Heheh! Yeah, always when I read the words 'SAM techs', I heard my brain saying 'semtex', so I figured I should create a map with that idea in mind. ;D

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger.

Click the link above to play, or see the third post of this topic for more details.

NNR_Alex

even though it won't be done for a while and is rated expert only, i look forward to seeing what you did for 'the artist'

The smoking revolver

5 bucks says it has something to do with a paint spill :P

Kamron3

Make another one about cleaning up the Oil Spill, UpperKEES.

That'll be fun. (and make it where it takes 4 months to complete and whenever you are about to do something to stop it, it gets bigger!)

_k

UpperKEES

Quote from: NNR_Alex on June 06, 2010, 04:06:37 PM
even though it won't be done for a while and is rated expert only, i look forward to seeing what you did for 'the artist'

I'm very happy how the artist turned out. It is inspired by the work of a famous Dutch artist and will make me recant my statement that I wouldn't create a map as hard as The Plumber.

It's a result of a discussion I had with mthw2vc about the use of mortars, so I wanted to create 2 maps that really needed them (very hard to replace by blasters). The Diver will be the other one.

Quote from: The smoking revolver on June 06, 2010, 04:12:00 PM
5 bucks says it has something to do with a paint spill :P

You just lost $5. One more bet and you buy CW2 for me! ;)

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 06, 2010, 09:34:00 PM
Make another one about cleaning up the Oil Spill, UpperKEES.

That'll be fun. (and make it where it takes 4 months to complete and whenever you are about to do something to stop it, it gets bigger!)

Yeah I could do something with that (NNR_Alex suggested the same thing), but I know of already 3 maps with this same theme (see here) and I like to keep it a bit original.

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 16: The Speleologist.

UpperKEES

Thanks to Roccologic, as he made a highscore table available for the collection of my maps. :) Scores are being updated in 1 to 30 days, so don't expect real time processing of your latest achievements.

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 17: The Gamer.

The smoking revolver

Awesome looking, will play in a few minutes!
He he he , tucatana was easy for me!
And question, is the developer the last map in this series?

UpperKEES

My first attempts on Tucana failed miserably half a year ago and when I finally beat it, it took me about 45 minutes. After improving myself and trying again I managed in about 9 minutes.

I also failed on my own map (after tweaking it) to get the initial build up right, and finally beat it in a little more than 19 minutes. You tell me which one is harder.... ;) (Post a score!) It's a kind of tribute to Tucana, the map that made me learn most about CW.

And yes, 'The Developer' will be the last map in the series, so 8 more to go. They are all finished and it will take 4 more weeks to release them. I can always change my mind however and insert a map somewhere in between. The Developer will stay the last map though, as it is dedicated to Virgil.

NB: next Tuesday 'The Chemist' will be released, based on your idea. :)

F0R