Custom Map #233: 1.9 Corvus Temple

Started by AutoPost, September 25, 2011, 06:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #233: 1.9 Corvus Temple

Author: Link327

Desc:
The Final Battle began. The first of three Parts fighting Corvus. Good Luck...

zerithos

wow good map haven't beat it yet good work ;D

DethbyIT

Anyone up for giving a 'slight' hint?
I've been beating on this 3rd chamber for over 13 minutes and still not making a dent in the Creeper.
Maxed out on all Techs and have tried a variety of weapons to no avail.
Picture of current game attached.
Thanks,
dbit

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 25, 2011, 06:19:19 PM
Anyone up for giving a 'slight' hint?
I've been beating on this 3rd chamber for over 13 minutes and still not making a dent in the Creeper.
Maxed out on all Techs and have tried a variety of weapons to no avail.
Picture of current game attached.
Thanks,
dbit

Use the endless supply of anti-creeper ... I think I was pulling about 400 at anyone time  ;)

DethbyIT

Thanks JM - I tried a heavier concentration of Makers in one of my other combinations - but obviously I must have been half-stepping.

Real glad we now have the 'Save' function, I'll back up and re-group.
dbit

DethbyIT

JM,
Still no joy.
Did you have more makers than this?
dbit

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 25, 2011, 07:36:43 PM
JM,
Still no joy.
Did you have more makers than this?
dbit

I wouldn't worry about ore extractors... I used two mortars to keep that center area from coming up too much. I would try to maximize your energy production (less digging). I hardly used any blasters at this point, a couple of more shields. And I can into that center section from both sides, using charged makers to drop a lot of AC. So I did have alot more makers.

Don't rely on so many blasters... they eat up your energy fast  ;)

DethbyIT

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on September 25, 2011, 10:42:06 PM
... I used two mortars to keep that center area from coming up too much.
Don't rely on so many blasters... they eat up your energy fast  ;)

Not sure how you managed that center area with two Mortars/Launchers. I had 16 above there and still got overwhelmed by the Creeper. There may be some kind of trigger that I dug through - or I just took too darn long.

I ended up with 50 Makers on each side, but still not able to break through into the third chamber and attack those upper 3 Emitters. Might have to give it a rest and try again some other day.

Thanks for the tips.
dbit

Link327

well,what snowkamer said was just right.
Im using, what i would call a "AC-BOMB"
I used, rly, over 60 makers. All with the full 60 Millions of AC charged. it is important to use the CHARGE mode, NOT the produce mode.
Shield the room wiht this dense Creeper as much as possible, so you have almost no chance to get the bombed ac out of it(you dont want it to flood your own rooms right?), it doesnt matter if the makers are destroyed, mainly their bombs drop.
AND! You dont have to push it taht hard at the beginning. It is enough if you get as much pushing to dig towards the emitters. There you put some shields, launchers, maybe 2 or 4 blasters and then open it up - and - you guessed it, launch anotehr AC Bomb inside. Shield the emitter so it cant destroy the nullifier youre building.
Boom! Emitter 1/3 killed. Go that way for the other side, then you should be able to hold the room(1/3 as much Creeper, and a way higher energy production.) Hint: Go for the left side first. I had some problems with the fields when creating it, and i never fixed it. There is a room with some diggable terrain below the left emitter. use it for more reactors, right side there is NOT taht problem, there is the same room, but already in decayed version (less building space)
That middle emitter is a bit tricky, since it can destroy nullifiers and shields almost immediatly. Build masses of launchers around the room, at right side, at left side, they will bomb it. Shield it at the top of this "tube", launch a little acbomb in it, and that is also done. Top one is pretty easy, there is enough to build some repulsors, launchers and blasters, build two nullifiers, one to kill the two lower emitters, one for the central one. From here on downwards you have over 60 energy production,(i had +127, here the reason)
DO NEVER collect both crystals at the beginning. Keep one for after finishing that room i just told about. Then care for never having larger consumption as production, and you can use all your reactors, not only the limit of 60. In the end i did the final room with 7 dark beams. You could never supply them without having(without using) crystals.
Hope it helps ;)
Link327

DethbyIT

"All with the full 60 Millions of AC charged. it is important to use the CHARGE mode, NOT the produce mode."

Thank you for that tip. I've never used the CHARGE mode, but will play around with it. If nothing else, it will be fun to see what happens when that much AC hits a wall of Creeper.

"In the end i did the final room with 7 dark beams."
No thanks - LOL!
This one is way beyond my skill-set, but it was a good use of several hours of playing time.

Thanks again for all the games you put together.
dbit

crazyone76

holy *BEEP* that was hard
veryveryvery nice map
good job  ;)
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UmberGryphon

The best time anyone's ever set on this map is 48 minutes 21 seconds.  That's the BEST anyone's ever done.  The next-worst map has a best time of 39 minutes 31 seconds, making this map the hardest CW2 map in existence by almost 9 minutes.

You don't need to leave the second gem until later, but I wish I had.  Probably would have taken me less than 2 hours to solve this map if I had.   :o

UmberGryphon
(who will remember the power of "anti-creeper bombs")

mthw2vc

Link327

Quote from: mthw2vc on October 02, 2011, 08:20:21 PM
Length =/= difficulty.

i agree. It isnt that hard, since your LS is NEVER really in danger (except the first little Creeperwave, just 3 shields and da job is done. You cant lose anymore
So its not rly hard.
Link327

Katra

I took that center chamber by attacking from both sides with launchers, a few blasters, and a handful of charged makers. (I don't think I ever had more than 10 at once on this entire map.) Don't be impatient; it took quite a while for the launchers to kill enough creeper to advance into the chamber. Then the hard part begins; clearing out the chamber with fields throwing balls of dense creeper at you from three sides. ;)) I found the proper placement of shields and repulsors to be the key. (And charged makers let me get a shield close enough to the emitter to place the nullifier.)

As for the final chamber I needed three dark beams to create a drone killing net. May try again from my last save; I took too long trying it with one.

edit: Had to make that next to last save (just before I got the dark beam tech.) Took 5 minutes off my time and moved up 3 spots on the score list.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!