Custom Map #169: ETF9: The Chasm King

Started by AutoPost, September 08, 2011, 01:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #169: ETF9: The Chasm King

Author: eighttailedfox

Desc:
EightTailedFox Mission 9: The Chasm King Having beaten basic training with ease, you return to scrubbing worlds. But even just returning to battle throws you against another Faux Nexus. Survive long enough to gather the nanochips.

Micheal420

good map took me a few times to figure out what to do, its the story line witch i love that keeps me looking for more maps like yours

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Micheal420 on September 08, 2011, 08:05:22 PM
good map took me a few times to figure out what to do, its the story line witch i love that keeps me looking for more maps like yours

There's still plenty of more story to come. And with it, more maps. Glad you've been liking the ride so far.

DethbyIT

Quote from: eighttailedfox on September 08, 2011, 08:22:48 PM
There's still plenty of more story to come. And with it, more maps. Glad you've been liking the ride so far.

To borrow that quote from the 60's, so far it's been "a hell of a ride".

Regarding this game. I've been able to gather all of the nano-chips (as shown in the instructions), but the game doesn't end. Is it also a requirement to take out the Gateways?

Thanks,
dbit

mpete

you need both nano-chips and the holocube
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

DethbyIT

Quote from: mpete on September 09, 2011, 08:58:46 AM
you need both nano-chips and the holocube

mpete - I don't think that is the case with this game. I have definitely released all of the nano-chips and the holocube, but I think the reason for the Dark Mirrors and Dark Beams is to take out the 4 Gateways (which I haven't been able to do yet).
dbit

mpete

released or collected? in the start screen it says
game type: acquisition
collect all:
holocubes,nanocips
signed,mpete

DethbyIT

Definitely 'collected' - as in dug into each chamber, highlighted each of them, and "collected" the points for all.

Also just managed to take out all 4 gateways, but still no joy.

Waiting to hear from someone who has actually finished the game.

Ichikai

All I had to do was collect the holocube and 8 nanochips to complete it. You sure you got them all?

mpete

signed,mpete

eighttailedfox

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 09, 2011, 11:36:54 AM
Definitely 'collected' - as in dug into each chamber, highlighted each of them, and "collected" the points for all.

Also just managed to take out all 4 gateways, but still no joy.

Waiting to hear from someone who has actually finished the game.

You killed 4 of them? Some of them have 100 health, that would have taken hours.

mpete

signed,mpete

DethbyIT

ETF - see the picture.
This was just before I took out the second set of Gateways.
My vision isn't exactly the greatest, but I think I "collected" all of the nano-chips and the holocube.

If I'm missing something - or if there is more involved than what it says in the description, please let me know.

dbit

Kithros

You're missing the technytes to the right of the middle reactor on the far right side.

DethbyIT

"RUDE WORDS!!!"
:)

Thank you Kithros.

Let me re-start this motor-scooter and give it another go.