Custom Map #2389: Max Density

Started by AutoPost, July 30, 2013, 11:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achillodene

Quote from: Grauniad on August 06, 2013, 12:02:20 AM
The true challenge is to find the one and only path that will lead you to victory. :)
Exactly. Spent more time looking for the path than actually playing the map but worth it. Good devious challenge
Achillodene

Sailing the creeper somewhere in the galaxy

ebster95

I liked the puzzle aspect.  Just one mild suggestion.  A little note up front that "there are indeed enough mirrors if you take the correct path" might save some of the down votes and comments.

Again, nice puzzle, and different from most creeper puzzle maps.  Nice job.

EdMont

Hey, could someone post a print screen of the solutions with the mirrors, please?

Thanks

Bongo

I think the people talking about the 'correct path' are just messing with you. I looked at it in the editor for 30 minutes and could not find a path.

The only way to win is with a lot of digging, many Micro Rifts, even more Shields, and aggressive use of the Conversion Bombs with new Shield building.

Post a screenie to prove me wrong. :P

teknotiss

i could pm you a blow by blow walkthrough, but i don't think i took a screeny, sorry. but it is do-able with the DBeam, count backwards is my advice!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

EdMont

Quote from: Bongo on August 28, 2013, 01:55:01 AM
I think the people talking about the 'correct path' are just messing with you. I looked at it in the editor for 30 minutes and could not find a path.

The only way to win is with a lot of digging, many Micro Rifts, even more Shields, and aggressive use of the Conversion Bombs with new Shield building.

I start thinking you are right. Well, making it work using the bean depends on one's point of view. For me, I was willing to create a horizontal bean right above the line of emitters so I could nullifie them all at once. I still did not manage how to do that. I need ten mirrors to make that happen. There is only 9 mirrors available.

Grauniad

I can vouch that there is a correct path. As for a screenie - the first one to blow this puzzle map by doing it will face censure. :)

According to Yum, is is also possible to do it the DB way. I tried that and gave up due to the tedium.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: EdMont on August 28, 2013, 11:39:35 AM

I start thinking you are right. Well, making it work using the bean depends on one's point of view. For me, I was willing to create a horizontal bean right above the line of emitters so I could nullifie them all at once. I still did not manage how to do that. I need ten mirrors to make that happen. There is only 9 mirrors available.

well i gave you a walkthrough that worked for some others, and so i'd suggest you retry it, and if i've phrased something badly pm me and i'll reword it.
not sure i'm up for playing it again to get a screeny, plus anyone posting a screeny here will incur the wrath of Grauniad. all i can do is assure anyone having an issue that 9 mirrors are enough, and you need a "combined arms" approach even so.
good luck!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus