Custom Map #1748: The Last of the Loki (Rain of Fire)

Started by AutoPost, December 03, 2012, 07:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

Quote from: Grauniad on December 08, 2012, 12:18:53 PM
Quote from: lalala1995 on December 08, 2012, 12:11:18 PM
In this map do you start with sublevel 8 ???

That is one viable strategy. Others may present themselves. (I'm repeating myself today.)

This is how I did begin this map, before abandoning it because i figured it was _______________ .
Spoiler

• build reactors on the side shelves.

• Build tech domes on the decayable terrain, about 8 or 10 (yeah, they'll die, but give some techs before that).

• in the middle island with the packet gateway, build four domes (AFTER YOU BUILD the ones on decayable terrain).

• make a task force of 10-12 blasters.

• save the game.

• send the blasters into sub-level 8. Reload if the rift gets destroyed by creeper.

• move the blasters forward in sub-level 8, until you can build a line of reactors on the flat terrain before the stairs.

• leave 2-3 blasters to keep creeper and drones on the chokepoint, retreat the rest. build two launchers so the chamber does not pressurize.

• clear the row of 50k * 0.1s emitters, beginning with one of the sides (easier than dealing with the middle.

• try to channel the AC into the OTHER side, so you can save the upside-down reactors on the other row.

• after you clear the row, start digging on the soft terrain to estabilish a reactor farm. DO NOT OPEN NEXT CHAMBER.
      focus your atttention on sub-level 8. get the dark beam.

• nullify the damn useless packet gateway.
    [/li]

[close]
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

lalala1995

urg... thanks guys, i succeeded with blaster and launches, turned out i haven't tried hard enought last time...

damn black white creep, my retina huuuuuuurt  :'(

Bongo

Sometimes I think Angel makes maps specifically to annoy people. They are good enough to get you playing and then you get halfway through before you realize how evil they are. :P

I really didn't care for the Creeper colours, but the most annoying move was putting transport fields without a field viewer (and with Creeper/Anti-Creeper the same colours).

Angel

Quote from: Bongo on March 06, 2013, 03:42:51 AM
Sometimes I think Angel makes maps specifically to annoy people. They are good enough to get you playing and then you get halfway through before you realize how evil they are. :P

I really didn't care for the Creeper colours, but the most annoying move was putting transport fields without a field viewer (and with Creeper/Anti-Creeper the same colours).

All that is true :P Sometimes anyways, not always.

But to stop the moving creeper, put a shield where it teleports too.

PS: I do very well in annoying people with tricks in my maps :)
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D