Custom Map #1241: Tricky's test

Started by AutoPost, June 29, 2012, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper00900

Any map I have to open the editor for is not a map for me. i tried playing the map several times and several ways, the only thing i agree on is if it isn't fun for me, then i vote done, how hard the map is doesnt matter, after 6 or 7 resets, its not fun at all.
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

blac0177

The "oh crap, I had no idea THAT was there" is a way to introduce failure, and thus difficulty.  However, this sort of difficulty addition is usually solved by the now I know... reload outcome, rather than the think, strategize, and timing outcome.  It's sort of like disabling the Phantom timer/warning and having 15 phantoms come at you all the sudden.  Easy problem to solve: build coils; but was easily but tediously solved by hitting the reload button.

Anyway, good map, I really enjoyed the initial room challenge.

(e)

As stated elsewhere, you don't need the map editor. Just a little strategizing and timing to clear out the center before the surprises happen. For me the hard start was harder than the surprises. Then you just
Spoiler
drop a shield on the points of emergence of the surprises. For me it took only 3 restart to know where.
[close]

(e)

SmileyCoder

I prefer playing a map without reading any comments before I start, and without taking notice of the thumbs up/Down.

So I enjoyed the beginning, for a few reasons: I like not starting from scratch every time, so startig with a bunch of reactors was nice. The way in which those reactors were "Limited time only" was also well created, and along with the decaying 4 corners near the LightSphere, gave a good rush and really sent the message "Game on".

So first 2 minutes I enjoyed. Then came out of the blue creeper teleported in and wiped me.

So in short some good elements in the map, but the random creeper just bugged me!
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.