This topic is for discussion of map #643: Cats of War

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 420x180

Desc:
Mow meeow meo mew meow mew meow mo meo! #NoPRPL #PleaseLoveCats #PleaseLoveDogs

Sorrontis

I consider this an easy-medium map :)

EDIT: But I may be wrong  8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

planetfall

Quote from: Sorrontis on February 13, 2017, 08:27:29 PM

Just because you believe it doesn't make it true :P
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

Quote from: planetfall on February 14, 2017, 02:43:43 PM
Quote from: Sorrontis on February 13, 2017, 08:27:29 PM

Just because you believe it doesn't make it true :P

But ... but ... but I gave you 14 Omnis ready for omni rushes.  :-[

Edit: This will probably be my last map for a little while. I just installed BioShock Remastered, and I want to get through that game at least once :) Give me a week or two.

Doug

Fun map sir.. really have to watch your back on the home base.

Sorrontis

yum-forum

As usual in Your maps exist some stress (how to keep HQ) and very few lathe-ships. No MK7 ships.
Game was not too hard (as usual Your maps), but multi-variant, not too easy and quite interesting for me.
Very good work with game scenario.
Interesting "back counting" of OMNIs and "non touch" emitters around base.
You are GREAT MAP MAKER (and SHIP MAKER also!  ;)  )!

I am very enjoyed this game! Surely 10/10. Thank You for great work!  :)

P.S. I like Your invention "#PleaseLoveDogs" and used it in my maps...  :D
P.P.S. I surprised that I get first time score.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Sorrontis

stdout

I activated the totem early but it didn't do anything. Shouldn't it have?

(Never mind. I'm blind apparently and didn't see the other totem.)

GoodMorning

Nice map. It became (probably) impossible in the first run-through, because I didn't pre-activate the left Totems. (Mire)

Else, I think I did worse on the retry. A sign of a good map.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Lisimba

I completely forgot to do the two totems at the left so after wiping out the right side of the map I had to go back there. It *is* possible to take them even if you lose the entire left side of the map first.

Spoiler
Point all your blue emitters at the leftmost blue emitter and have that one send all particles straight into the main platform (you need the particle control gem, of course). This in itself is not enough to take it back but it helps put on a good amount of pressure, and it'll get you the omni spots to the right of the platform. Fill these with omnis. Now use the rest of the omnis to lathe out an area of the main platform. It should contain the energy source in the center plus the two rightmost turrets, which gives you a sort of sideways T shape of land. Take out the one wide strip just to the right of that too and all blue particles will hit your carved out piece of land. The key here is that quite a lot of red particles will die of old age before they hit your lathed out part, even though they made it to the platform itself. If this isn't enough, you can keep the bottom right and top right red emitters busy with some of your own ships. Now park a few omnis near the energy source and it's yours again.

You can now build ships right near the totems, just far away enough from the particle streams so they're still safe. I put one of those small ships with four cannons first, to clear the mire. Then I destroyed that and built one of the lathing ships, then did the same with the other totem. It's very important that you turn off the guns on the ships and have the cannons shoot at mire only. If they bother any of the particles, the particles slow down and come in to eat your ship.
[close]

Overall, great map.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I did what Lisimba did. Rock burner is very helpful in this case, as you can simply burn the land under the totems and then you don't need to worry about clearing the mire.  ;)

I was thinking of what else to say about the map but all I can think of is Catsup for some reason. Need some fried cat to put it on though.  :P

Mrow, mrohh, meow mew mrow!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?