Problems since latest upgrade of Adobe AIR

Started by Timwi, June 12, 2010, 07:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Unfortunately I have to report that CW does lag now after leaving it running for several hours. I was in the middle of a (Chronom) game and left it paused for 6 hours when I went to bed. When I started playing again all mouse clicks lagged for 15-20 seconds. I never experienced this with the old version of AIR that I sometimes left running for days. Quitting CW completely and restarting solved the problem.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Pyxis_GeeK

I havent left the game running for 6 hours but occasionally I do still experience some lag. Nothing like 10 - 15 seconds to recognize mouse clicks. See my post here :

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=4268.msg20356#msg20356

Like I said in that post I tend to do some multitasking while playing creeper world. Mostly I run the editor and Creeper World at the same time to tweak maps that I am working on.

I still think that the update is fine and if you play Creeper World in short bursts you wont experience any lag.

UpperKEES

I also multitask a lot; I always have 10-12 applications open at the same time, but please note that none of the other applications was lagging or using a lot of processing power. I was only using 2% of my processor capacity and 53% of my memory, so it really must have been CW or AIR causing the lag.

Pyxis_GeeK

The one thing I didnt look at was CPU usage when the slowdown started. Next time I experience the lag I will look and see what I am using. Your right it was AIR or CW more than likely causing it after sitting there so long.

UpperKEES

I'm pretty sure now it's due to AIR. I had the map editor open for about 2 weeks without using it and just wanted to create a new map. So I clicked 'New map' and got my empty screen. The application is lagging terribly however: the lines that guide the cursor only get updated when I hover the mouse over the centre of Odin City or the rift and OC's packet exit hardly spins. Absolutely impossible to work with. Restarting the application solves everything.

I guess Adobe has built in a protection for people that play too long. ;)

NB: please note that I've had the map editor open for more than a month in the past and never experienced this before I updated.

Echo51

Im gonna assume you hibernate your pc, and that has tendencies to break applications running, and i'd think AIR/Flash is pretty picky about it :P
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Yep, sometimes I put my pc in sleep mode, but I also did that in the past and it never made a difference, so it's the latest AIR update causing it.