Is busizhe a hacker?

Started by Asbestos, October 18, 2016, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stdout

Map 451 - I don't think it's possible to get this map completed in 0:48.

Also, map 444 - the ultimate ship factory. Only 5 people completed the map. Hardest map ever. busizhe logged a (literally) unbelievable score on that one. There's no chance that's legit.

I'd propose a cron job:

delete from scores where player_name = 'busizhe';

D0m0nik

The first rule of PF is we don't talk about Busizhe. The second rule of PF is we don't tal....

The Busizhe times annoy me to an irrational level to the point that I went back to CW3, Joao's map was too good not to come back! The times are so blatantly cheated, it should now be seen as important enough to warrant blocking. As a speed player the Busizhe times make a mockery of the game for me.

Relli

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 23, 2016, 04:38:40 PM
The first rule of PF is we don't talk about Busizhe. The second rule of PF is we don't tal....

The Busizhe times annoy me to an irrational level to the point that I went back to CW3, Joao's map was too good not to come back! The times are so blatantly cheated, it should now be seen as important enough to warrant blocking. As a speed player the Busizhe times make a mockery of the game for me.
As much as I want to be all forgiving and nice and high-roady, the fact remains that I'm about as upset at this guy's antics as you are. It just hits on a whole new level when you've ever been on the top end of the scoreboard yourself. I'd have let it slide if he'd plopped down a few scores and then left, but he's consistently playing what seems like every Exchange map and getting a score that feels like he plays the game without particles or ships spawning. If my vote counts for anything, then I'd say he's earned himself a swift kick in the scores.

yum-forum

No. I analyzed (I am a scientist) his results in all my more than 50 maps and understand that he is not hacker but very clever!   :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

GoodMorning

Your maps, you are the authority on. But #444?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 23, 2016, 05:58:23 PM
Your maps, you are the authority on. But #444?

I am gave up in this game... Non-logically CRAZY HARD game! Even in sandbox mode with my fleet it was impossible to survive!  :-\
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Sorrontis

Quote from: Relli on December 23, 2016, 04:46:50 PM
[...] feels like he plays the game without particles or ships spawning. [...]

This is exactly what it seems to be. But how is he able to do it? This is a major problem that V needs to find out more about. Is there a nasty exploit that V hasn't found yet? I wish we could address Busizhe somehow.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

Quote from: Sorrontis on December 23, 2016, 07:47:49 PM
I wish we could address Busizhe somehow.

And you could... I leave details up to you... a mapmaker. :)

Sorrontis

Fair enough. I guess my next map will be named for that gentleman.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

stdout

Mention him in the map title, and put a note to him in the description letting him know his presence is requested in the forums. Perhaps include a link to this thread?

Sorrontis

Karsten75

I was more thinking along the lines of a clever PRPL script...

GoodMorning

I can do evil things with this. Perhaps a ship which is easily (nay, necessarily) killed by particles, but if it were to survive longer than is legitimately possible, would cause the mission clock to advance by 2h and recommend a visit to the forum, or go to 0 (proving hacking)?

D0m0nik

Love the idea of using coding and map making to prove legitamacy, very clever. If you come up with something I would be happy to test it from every angle.

GoodMorning

I can't guarantee a good map, and I refuse to make a bad one, especially to prove this point.

However, if Sorrontis or D0m0nik create something where, say:
Evil Plan

HQ in particle trap, with a choice of Emitters, Spawners or <something?> to lathe. After a short time, the trap is filled with particles.

At this point, the HQ is unavoidably killed, the trap vanishes, and play resumes in a normal way.

If the HQ lasts more than (say) two minutes, the time is "adjusted".
[close]

Suggested inclusion:
CW3-style shield script