Mission 15

Started by Ovalcircle, September 24, 2016, 05:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ovalcircle

Mission 15 is awesome. It's like Farbor from CW3 but instead of a timer for the whole level, there is a gun harassing you. I love this change and I'm sure casuals will enjoy it as well.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

steelwing

Vast improvement, yes.  The level is actually winnable for people like me, who like to play cautiously and slowly!  Only question:  How does one tell what bearing that cannon will fire on next?

knucracker

You don't... it picks a random ship.  The best you can do is make sure your ships aren't in line with the cannon.

To balance the cannon, I made it so that it doesn't create particles over the command module of the ship it targets (else, instant boom at whatever it targets).  But it doesn't give that same courtesy to other ships that happen to be in the way.

steelwing

pretty clever.  It's a murderous little trick, if I do say so myself.

miquelfire

Sounds like Virgil fixed the one issue I had with this map (Other than the RNG not liking my HQ for some reason... All I heard most of the time before I disable the cannon was my HQ being knocked out of the map)

TheWife

During my playthrough Berta was chosint HQ a dear lot of times. :'D

steelwing

Indeed, I had two or three shots in a row that knocked my HQ off the map.

GoodMorning

I think I lost it once, and only lost three ships.

Placing the fleet in an angled line works. Only one ship is hit at a time, and it is supported from the sides.

Try to keep the ships out of line from mines, though.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

steelwing

Hoping I can get through that mission faster when I eventually replay it.