Quiz: Do you know Partice Fleet well enough?

Started by Qwerty Quazo, September 24, 2016, 11:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

Question: What was the first time we saw evidence of friendly particles in one of virgilw's videos?

The answer is not king's landing (very truly yours). It was BEFORE that blog post.

Spoiler
Think. What I mean by saying "we saw evidence"? Why didn't I say "were introduced to the game"?

If it's not the 5th video, how did I see evidence in one of the other 4 videos? There weren't any friendly particles, right?
[close]

I will post the answer by tomorrow. The first one to post the answer will win a... um... er... well I don't know, I will find something. Maybe a particle fleet map with a huge stamp of his name in land.

Good luck!
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

19chickens

I'm probably completely wrong, but is it:

Spoiler
In the first video, when the station is destroyed Virgil states that the particles produced are dangerous.  When another ship (I think a Destroyer) is destroyed later, its particle-pieces can be seen travelling across the plasma into particle territory and being engaged by the particles as if they were friendly ships.  Was it this?
[close]

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: 19chickens on September 24, 2016, 01:15:01 PM

Spoiler
In the first video, when the station is destroyed Virgil states that the particles produced are dangerous.  When another ship (I think a Destroyer) is destroyed later, its particle-pieces can be seen travelling across the plasma into particle territory and being engaged by the particles as if they were friendly ships.  Was it this?
[close]

I am afraid you are wrong. I won't make your name in land in my next map...

19chickens

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 24, 2016, 02:00:14 PM
Quote from: 19chickens on September 24, 2016, 01:15:01 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I am afraid you are wrong. I won't make your name in land in my next map...

Darn.  I expected that, but oh well *shrugs*

Qwerty Quazo

Well, here's the answer: It is the 4th video.

There is a pixel (yeah, pixel) of mired (bogged) land in the screenshot below. How can it be there since a Omni can't get in that edge? The only logical explanation is a particle mired it and virgilw forgot to clear it. Or it's a bug.

Have I blown your mind already? :P

Karsten75

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 25, 2016, 02:49:36 AM
Well, here's the answer: It is the 4th video.

There is a pixel (yeah, pixel) of mired (bogged) land in the screenshot below. How can it be there since a Omni can't get in that edge? The only logical explanation is a particle mired it and virgilw forgot to clear it. Or it's a bug.

Have I blown your mind already? :P

I think you need to be more precise so we can verify your claim. :)  Link to the video/blog post and say at what time in the video this occurs.

19chickens

This is what OP is referring to.  However, if you go back a minute you can see a friendly particle from a destroyed ship hit the land at this spot.  The ship that produced said particle can be seen exploding here.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: 19chickens on September 25, 2016, 04:19:32 AM
This is what OP is referring to.  However, if you go back a minute you can see a friendly particle from a destroyed ship hit the land at this spot.  The ship that produced said particle can be seen exploding here.

I never noticed that in the at least 20 times I have watched that video. I thought it just timed out. Well done, 19chickens. The screenshot is from 6:00 karsten75.

My mind is blown up now.

19chickens

I noticed that the mire wasn't there at the start and wondered how it got there.  Backtracking revealed that.

Can i has my name in land now?

Qwerty Quazo

Qwerty Quazo

Darkmega

why do I get the feeling you were half hoping he wouldn't realize/no-one would get the ultra vague tiny spot detail, eh Qwerty? :P Mind you, wonder what happened to that feature with the wreckage. Doppels certainly still seem to do it when they get taken out by MK7's to the face and their rear construction is still intact. :V