Beta tester credits

Started by knucracker, September 23, 2016, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Please use the revised topic for obtaining in-game credit in Particle Fleet.

If you have the preview and have been helping out with testing here (you know who you are) and would like your name in the credits, this is the place to reply to.
I'll be updating the credits in a couple days so this message will self destruct in that time frame.

Just reply here with what you would like for an entry.

Please use the revised topic for obtaining in-game credit in Particle Fleet.

Sorrontis

And to those that don't know who you are: Good Work!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tjgalon

I am wondering if the winners and such of the give away count too?

I got this game on the 16 September, am I a Beta Tester?

Sorrontis

Quote from: 1337 on September 24, 2016, 01:05:40 AM
I got this game on the 16 September, am I a Beta Tester?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when Virgil says Beta Tester, he means people that have been actively looking for bugs, typos, and errors in the game. And of course, reporting them so that he may fix those issues.

I wouldn't consider myself a beta tester. I've been doing other things, making ships & maps, and thinking about future possible things that could benefit the game, but I haven't really helped fix any current issues. I'm horrible at identifying problems.  8)

Quote from: Tjgalon on September 23, 2016, 11:49:02 PM
I am wondering if the winners and such of the give away count too?

Very likely, if you've been helping Virgil get as much bugs out of the game.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

I could lay claim to locating few minor issues... But I have largely been requesting features, often in spades.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

jaworeq

Name in credits? Sure, I'll add it to my CV! :P

Please put "Damian Jaworski" ;)

Qwerty Quazo

I would definitely want to see "Quazo33" there, cool!
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

chwooly

Beta testing also tests for playabilty, balance, typos, OS compatibility ect. It is a much broader role then just looking for bugs. So I would think that anyone with a pre release could be considered a beta tester. But of course that is for Virgil to ultimately decide.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

knucracker

To be more specific, if you have the preview and have posted anything providing any feedback on the preview of the game, you qualify as a beta tester for purposes of inclusion in the credits. Just saying "I like it", "I didn't like it", "I posted a map", or 50 messages with suggestions and bugs... all of that qualifies.

Just write a message saying,
"I'd like -------- to be in the credits."

Laithaldien

"I like it." :)

"I'd like Lamatiel to be in the credits."

GoodMorning

In that case, I would request inclusion of "GoodMorning" on the list. I like to think I have been of some use.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TLFP

Quote from: virgilw on September 24, 2016, 09:16:05 AM
To be more specific, if you have the preview and have posted anything providing any feedback on the preview of the game, you qualify as a beta tester for purposes of inclusion in the credits. Just saying "I like it", "I didn't like it", "I posted a map", or 50 messages with suggestions and bugs... all of that qualifies.

Just write a message saying,
"I'd like -------- to be in the credits."
Ok, I'd like TheLongFellowPLAYER to be in the credits.
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

chwooly

Yes, If you would be so kind, Champion Peterbuilt's Woolybully would be nice to include.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein