Feature request

Started by Sorrontis, September 21, 2016, 09:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Just a fun little perk.

I would love to be able to tie my maps/ships to my CITG, so if you click my corporation, it shows all my work. I think this would take a lot of work though, and virgil has enough on his plate.

Also, virgil, will it be a possibility to have a way to load a map directly from a save point in the map editor (after it's been finalized). As it stands right now, you have to load the map first, and then load the save point. Can be quite tedious when you are working on delicate adjustments.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

Splitting this into a new topic. Not sure Virgil has time to peruse the umpteenth post in an "rambling shower" thread. :)

Sorrontis

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 21, 2016, 11:03:34 AM
Splitting this into a new topic. Not sure Virgil has time to peruse the umpteenth post in an "rambling shower" thread. :)

Thanks!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

knucracker

Yeah, the CITG icon showing up in some other places in your UI makes a lot of sense.  That's something I will pursue after the initial release.
Also makes sense if when you make a ship it gets stamped with the ID of your corp.  That may come into play when I work on the ship exchange.

Sorrontis

Quote from: virgilw on September 22, 2016, 10:47:56 AM
Yeah, the CITG icon showing up in some other places in your UI makes a lot of sense.  That's something I will pursue after the initial release.
Also makes sense if when you make a ship it gets stamped with the ID of your corp.  That may come into play when I work on the ship exchange.

Love ya virgil!

chwooly

I may be wrong but the ship editor has changed, Before I could import a ship design from some one else and modify it but now I seem to be unable to do that.

I think that would be handy since you can use other designs with out having to start from scratch.

PS: just noticed that I was trying to place a module on an armored area and the module was black, I know that you can't place anything on armor however I initially thought there was a bug. So maybe a note or popup to mention that?

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

knucracker

Nothing about the ship editor has changed... you should be able to edit a ship design regardless of where it came from.

Karsten75

Well, TBH, one thing has changed. The filetype of ships in the folder. :)

I believe that currently, if you want to import someone else's ship design, you have to get the file and put it in the ships folder in the game? Honestly, I've not tried it, so I may be wrong. I don't recall any other mechanism for importing ships and the Ship exchange isn't yet implemented.

Sorrontis

Ship file are still *.dat correct?

Karsten75

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 24, 2016, 11:16:29 AM
Ship file are still *.dat correct?

They are now .dat. used to be .spf1 in older versions.

chwooly

I fingered it out... :o

I was thinking of the ship browser, But it is only available in the map editor. I think ship browser should be available in both places. 
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

Tying CITG to author work could be problematic for those without CITG keys who still contribute significant amounts.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 25, 2016, 04:17:49 AM
Tying CITG to author work could be problematic for those without CITG keys who still contribute significant amounts.

Since everything we publish in game is already credited with the player name, I think its a nice bonus for those that decide to further support the game. It really doesn't change the anything game play wise.

GoodMorning

True, I had a different idea in mind, and it depended on the ship-sharing methods.

However, this does mean that there will be an advantage to one player:one CITG.

Other feature suggestion: "Jump to" box in the Exchange menu, enter a number.

Also, CW3 had an issue when searching: if the search results changed (Ex: filter to "uncompleted" and finish a map), and this caused the page viewed (usually the last) to vanish, then the page-change buttons vanished for the duration of the game session. Restarting the game fixed it. Since this system is broadly similar, the bug may recur.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.