Even more Long and updated list of unit ideas, plus some other stuff:

Started by Twi, March 10, 2010, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twi

Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on March 14, 2010, 08:59:03 PM
When it would not have a long reload time, but just is expensive to build or consumes a lot of energy, I could see a purpose for the lightning tower:

Put a few of them next to each other and let them fire in parallel. This would create a path through the Creeper. (Nickname: 'Mozes-tower' ;))

I can do that cheaply with a bunch of blasters. There is no point in creating and designing such special-purpose towers.

UpperKEES

You can't create a path through a huge pool of Creeper without advancing step by step. Especially with larger maps this could be useful.

Imagine you'd have to cross half of the map (covered by Creeper). At the moment you would for instance need 8 blasters to keep that path open. With the lightning tower you only need 3 of them (side by side). Terrain elevations might be a problem, but on flat maps I want my lightning tower!  :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

UpperKEES

Oh yes you can. And I agree with you about 50% of the time when I look at the forum statistics... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

The smoking revolver

The range is VERY long, it could probably fire halfway across a map
There is always a I in team

Captain Obvious

Here's an idea:

Phase Tower: It consumes ammo packets for energy, but only when activated.  When activated, it would allow you to phase one building out of normal space.  This would disable all of the building's functions, but leave it impervious to harm.  This would allow you to keep buildings like a wireless relay or production facility safe if the position was being overrun by the creeper.

The smoking revolver

that sound a lot like just moving it, and then you won't lose it if your phase tower runs out of power and there's still creep there

Twi

For once, I agree with Werty. Also, you should put it in a different topic.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

The smoking revolver