Creeper world 3D

Started by rex4, July 18, 2011, 06:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex4

Did you ever though about this idea ? The engine of minecraft could help for this I guess.

thepenguin

Quote from: rex4 on July 18, 2011, 06:03:37 AM
Did you ever though about this idea ? The engine of minecraft could help for this I guess.

yes, no, the minecraft engine is designed to play minecraft (a sort of FPS game), CW is nothing like that
We have become the creeper...

Ranakastrasz

yes, yes a lot of people have thought about this, however, when you notice that we still only have two different 2d views, it may tell you that we do not yet have the processing capabilities to support such a thing. And while it may be possible to make a creeper simulation with the minecraft engine, Considering how laggy the minecraft engine is already, I imagine it would not work.

Fisherck

Roccologic tried to make a 3D Map :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

crazyone76

I was thinking about this too
the minecraft engine (srry if im wrong just played demo) looks like it could work but first it would need lots of changes to fix lag, the view on map.
but that will most likely not happen.
another idea I had is combine cw 1 and 2 together like... you see the world as a cube and you get attacked by creeper on the surface and from under the ground
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mthw2vc

The problem with a 3D CW is not that it would be impossible, but that the sheer amount of computation that would be needed to simulate so many cells of creeper makes it technologically infeasible for the time being. Imagine it as simulating a large number of CW2 screens that have been "stacked," and increasing the amount of computation for each one by 50%. Just one screen cause cause lag on some computers. Dozens of them will bring the greatest computers of the age to their knees, so to speak.

crazyone76

omg my poor pc cant take that
omg and I cant take not playing the latest cw
so I would die so keep it 2d
go Dutch
go Netherlands

Ebon Heart

Not only that, but it would have to calculate for creeper flowing between these extra "screens" so it'd be way too much.. Right now. We need future computers for cw3d... But for now, what if the graphics quality were decreased?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mthw2vc

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on July 18, 2011, 12:56:39 PM
Not only that, but it would have to calculate for creeper flowing between these extra "screens"
Already mentioned in my post... :P
Quote from: mthw2vc on July 18, 2011, 10:40:58 AM
and increasing the amount of computation for each one by 50%

Ebon Heart

Meh. What if graphic quality were decreased, along with some other changes to make it more computer friendly??

mthw2vc

Believe me, graphics are the least of your worries if you're thinking about CW3D, and even those could be problematic. It's a bit hard to show where a subterranean cavity with creeper in it is in 3D... A moveable camera and semitransparent terrain and creeper would all be needed, as well as 3D unit models and textures...

Every time the creeper array updated, it would mean an absolute minimum of a million or so calculations. The CPU load would be insane. I imagine that much of the work that would need to be put into it would simply be optimizations on that process.

Let's just leave it at: It's a mess.

Ebon Heart

It would be indeed... and don't forget to mention controls. How do you define where you want a unit to go when dealing with a third coordinate?? The best way I could think of would be having to type in the x,y, and z coordinate for each movement.

Kamron3

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows in 3D.

3D makes things bad.

No to 3D CW. Any related ideas should be taboo.

Michionlion

Quote from: Kamron3 on July 18, 2011, 07:08:39 PM
I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows in 3D.

3D makes things bad.

No to 3D CW. Any related ideas should be taboo.

I totally agree...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

crazyone76

go Dutch
go Netherlands