Main Menu

Spores

Started by Ordinaryman, January 29, 2010, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordinaryman

How about......

Spores of a different color..... that target shallow creeper... and spawn a new emitter!!!!
That would be downright diabolical!!!!

~OM

Aurzel

and what happens if the spore lands next to odin city?

Ordinaryman

If you already have shallow creeper close enough to the city for a new emitter to be a direct danger..... you're already doomed :) but I see you're point.... perhaps have it target level 2 depth of creeper..... or even 3.... or better yet, for the custom maps, have it a user-defined target depth :)

~OM

Aurzel

plenty of times creeper has come close to odin city and i've won, not to mention levels where odin city is in a bowl and creeper moves on it quickly

Ordinaryman

Very true, been there myself many times. But imagine, if you will, you're holding the creeper back with a blaster and two mortars (most maps, disappointingly) when a red spore comes in.... and you don't have the SAM's to shoot it down... and boom! new emitter that puts some pressure on you to defend yourself better, or go shut the emitter down..... would definitely add some excitement to the game :)

~OM

P.S.     Granted, I don't consider a map "won" until I have all the emitters capped..... not the intended playstyle I'm sure... but scores are nothing when I'm having fun just surviving :)

JACKL

That would be cool,and the user defined depth thing seems like a good idea
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

djcian

it seems neat but how can you prevent spores from hitting creeper in the back and eventually making the map impossible.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

JACKL

Habe them target human structures,like regular ones
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Ordinaryman

The creeper never really is a real problem. I made a map with three emitters, set at 1000.... and still held it all off with just 4 mortars :P

Aurzel

jackl, you want emitters to be spawned in the middle of the network?
and ordinaryman, there's a difference between 3 emitters at 1000 and 1000 emitters at 3

djcian

and besides.  it is also possible to make a map impossible if you add more emitters.  it is not the power but how you use it (if it is in a place it could be way harder then if it were somewhere else
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

JACKL

No i don't want them in the middle of the network,thats why we have sams,THat was in reply to other peoples saying it would be hard if the spore spawners kept landing in the creeper,and making it harder to push back

Aurzel

yeah so what if one gets through your SAMs or you forget to build them for the first wave? many people including me do that

archn

Quote from: Aurzel on January 31, 2010, 05:17:02 AM
yeah so what if one gets through your SAMs or you forget to build them for the first wave? many people including me do that

Then you must come up with a different strategy.  You won't make that mistake twice

Aurzel

actually i make that mistake on many spore maps, but what this isconsidering pretty much means that if one spore lands in your network you lose