Main Menu

shields

Started by superzip, December 25, 2009, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaswarner

Quote from: Aurzel on December 28, 2009, 09:02:33 PM
actually you could just have a wall builder, it fills up on packets and once its full it sends out a little probe to build a bit of wall where to specify

Almost like drones, but there would have to be some kind of limit, because otherwise it would be too easy

superzip

it will take time, it might need 30 energy packs for one wall, that is 30 sec per wall.
and when i play a map i use to build a lot of drones and then it gets easy to

Aurzel

exactly, it takes a while and besides the creeper can still erode the wall like normal so its not like you can create a creeper funnel of death or something

driven94

How about a shield generater that creates a circle around itself large enough to encompass 2-3 structures and be immovable.
The shield would require 10 energy packets to build and 50 more to charge and activate the shield.
When creeper hits this shield, it will be damaged equivalent to 0.1 energy per wall segment per level of creeper attacking it.
As for repairing the shield, it can request energy at the same rate as wepons, and therefore the shield can only hold back thinner layers of creeper without being destroyed.
Perhaps a similar option to weapons could be added to disarm the shield to be activated when in trouble.
This would make shields usefull for controlled areas where weapons don't have enoughpower to hold back creeper. I don't believe, used this way, they'd be powerful enought to really unbalance the game, just give players another option for controlling creep flow.

Aurzel

as far as memory serves, that was one of the original ideas in either this thread or the other shields thread

Kamron3

Aurzel

who you saying no to me or driven?

Kamron3

Capn Trey

I'd prefer something like the drone that builds the type of walls we all know and love already.

George

I think if you could use it more as a redirect i.e. choose to points and it forms a shield wall maybe 5 pixels long that the creeper would have to flow around

Something like this -

(creeper moved here)

^      )
  ^     )
        )-----##
       )       ##
      )

Aurzel

thats a bad diagram XD
but i get what you mean, but then its like the terraforming isnt it?

Kamron3

No to shields, the fact that the health they have is enough, you should have to protect your buildings.

_k

creeper killer

I have an idea for shields. how about weapons have shield that are recharged by shield packets and when the shield runs down it gos to strcture. and say a collector or reactor can have a shield by diveting part of the energy to the shields. and storage relays and speed get shield packets.
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

TheBuilder

going off wat the last guy said, how about each building can get a shield, but only once u build a unit that unlocks this, u get to choose which buildings get a shield, (shield on/off switch), and for each shield building u make u can have up to 5 or 10 other buildings with shields. the shield activating buildings cant have shields, and if a shield building is destroyed then the last 10 buildings to get shields would lose their shields.  If not all possible shields r activated, say u have 3 shield buildings 10 shields each, and u have only 20 set to "on", then if a shield building is destroyed ud just lose the ability to turn "on" those 10 extra shields.

By the way, when a buildings shield is set to "on" odin city would send shield packets to that building, each packet would power a shield enough to keep it going against a 1 by 1, .1 deep creeper unit for 60 seconds, though every extra creeper would shorten that time like this:
        60s divided by the amount of creeper pushing against it, so the more creeper pushing against a building's shield, the shorter amount of time a single shield packet will sustain the shield

Any buildings' shield would surround the square that the building is on and the 8 squares around it, this said, u could, in effect, create a wall of shields if u built the buildings close enough together, though ud need a lot of energy to keep them all going.

Odin City, weapons, and the shield buildings themselves would not be able to be shielded
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

djcian

if you make the shields on buildings invulnerable and not be able to make shield generators you could make some interesting puzzle and/or defense maps.  one idea would be to have an emitter on the city and you have to defend all (four or five) shield generators to keep the shield on or you lose.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference