Ipod Touch/Iphone version?

Started by Phil, December 15, 2009, 07:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

The iphone is a tricky... tricky little market.  It can be the last stop for some developers... since they put their life into a production that nets them $500 in return as they watch their game get pushed down into the oblivion that is the app store.

On the other hand there are some real success stories for the platform.  CW would benefit from the exposure it gets from the flash community and the indie game community.

The game itself would have to change scale a little bit, and the interface would have to be redone since the screen is so small... but there are a number of options to solve all of this.

The smoking revolver

This is the best Idea yet
This would be a hit
There is always a I in team

Karsten75

Virgil, now you can make it for the iPad!   ;D

Kamron3

No, don't. The iPad will die in a few months. Too many flaws, plus Apple dislikes Flash because its better than them.

_k

The smoking revolver

Quote from: Kamron3 on April 05, 2010, 10:48:31 PM
No, don't. The iPad will die in a few months. Too many flaws, plus Apple dislikes Flash because its better than them.

_k

totally right

GVS

What you could do is completely revamp creeper world to fully benefit from all the itouch/iphone has to offer, like accelerometer to impede the creeper's movements or something, and make maybe a zoomable map for better interface rather than trying to squeeze the whole map onto the screen.

Something like that might work! :o
Hey hey hey, if u click on the link below good things will happen for me (and maybe you too but who cares anyway) So click on it!

(^^^) shark

http://www.omgpop.com/?r=zpfy

Mrmcdeath

Apple's Evil Plan If you go to the link Virgil provided then it says that Apple now says that no app can be on the app store that isn't made with it's own software, even though adobe is recently coming up with a game to ipod touch part in it. Since of Apples new war on flash, many people are discouraged on getting it. Unless Apple stops being stuck up pr*cks, we probably won't get Creeper World on the ipod anytime soon.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

Sadly, no.
I have an iphone.... carry it with me every day.  I always wondered what the "i" stood for.  Now I know...  it stands for "Iron Curtain".  I don't want to live my development life on the wrong side of that curtain, with every aspect approved and regulated by the Apple State.  I wish it wasn't so; the iphone, touch, and pad are pretty cool things....  but so are the android phones, and the upcoming android/chrome pads.  As things stand now, I have to throw my support to "free-world" platforms that offer developers a choice and the ability to decide what they think are the best tools.

The smoking revolver

Quote from: virgilw on April 12, 2010, 08:44:27 PM
Sadly, no.
I have an iphone.... carry it with me every day.  I always wondered what the "i" stood for.  Now I know...  it stands for "Iron Curtain".  I don't want to live my development life on the wrong side of that curtain, with every aspect approved and regulated by the Apple State.  I wish it wasn't so; the iphone, touch, and pad are pretty cool things....  but so are the android phones, and the upcoming android/chrome pads.  As things stand now, I have to throw my support to "free-world" platforms that offer developers a choice and the ability to decide what they think are the best tools.

*claps* a perfect statement of whats going on. ;)

Jehoel

I believe this is pertinent to the conversation:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Feds-to-look-at-Apple-policy-apf-2612393474.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=7&asset=&ccode=

It's a brief article regarding the SEC preliminary investigation into Apple blocking out other people's programs and coding language.
Though it is the Reader who undergoes the journey, it is the Writer who is the creator of worlds
~D'ni Script~

F0R

it could work but would be hard

dialga9182

Quote from: Jiinia on December 15, 2009, 04:16:12 PM
but the thing is that now we download a map and manually put it in the game.

you cant download on an iphone...
yeh actually you can.... for apps anyway

dialga9182

Quote from: virgilw on December 15, 2009, 08:48:41 AM
Welcome!

I have thought about this (I have an iphone in my pocket right now).  There would be a number of technical challenges, but nothing too bad really.  You are right in that currently you have to use objective C to write most of the apps of the iphone/itouch.  Interestingly, adobe is releasing a version of creative suite next year that will let flash developers compile a flash app statically for the iphone.  So, this is pretty interesting.... 

Given that it can be really hard to make any return on investment on the iphone right now, it would make sense for me to wait on this rather than do a total 100% port.  But once this is available early next year, it just might be the case that folks are carrying creeper around in their pockets.
could you maybe have a map editor in that version aswell