Ipod Touch/Iphone version?

Started by Phil, December 15, 2009, 07:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Hey there, I just recently found the 'online sim' version of Creeper World on a completely unrelated website, and was instantly hooked.  I'm downloading the full version as I type this! ;)

Anyway, I've been thinking that this would be a great game to have as a port for the iPhone/iPod touch.  I'm quite aware that this probably uses a completely different type of coding system to the PC/Mac, and is most likely impossible (I've got no idea when it comes to coding and such!) but, hey, I thought it would be a nice idea to at least throw out there!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

knucracker

Welcome!

I have thought about this (I have an iphone in my pocket right now).  There would be a number of technical challenges, but nothing too bad really.  You are right in that currently you have to use objective C to write most of the apps of the iphone/itouch.  Interestingly, adobe is releasing a version of creative suite next year that will let flash developers compile a flash app statically for the iphone.  So, this is pretty interesting.... 

Given that it can be really hard to make any return on investment on the iphone right now, it would make sense for me to wait on this rather than do a total 100% port.  But once this is available early next year, it just might be the case that folks are carrying creeper around in their pockets.

Aurzel

hey maybe you could even make a DS version :P
though thats harder and less likely than an ipod version lol

Jiinia

OMG THATS like SO COOL!!!

but really i would love an iphone version. though the extra maps should also be downloadable in that version. because those make sure that is has real replayability (is that a word?)

Aurzel

yes it is a word lol, and of course it should have downloadable content, why else should those things be able to go on the net? lol

Jiinia

but the thing is that now we download a map and manually put it in the game.

you cant download on an iphone...

Kamron3

Jiinia

are you a mac-hater? just checking because i saw your other post in getting better acquinted.

dont get me wrong, macs arent perfect. I just really like them and thats my opinion, as you are entitled to yours.

Kamron3

I hate them and all Apple products.

Aurzel

i'm not a mac-er myself but i wouldnt bash it

NoobSauce

So, just hijacking the thread and turning back to its original intent...

I would definitely buy an iPhone version of this game.  Especially if there were a map editor, as games tend to get boring after the preset levels run out (T_T Song Summoner)
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Dranar

Quote from: Aurzel on December 15, 2009, 11:26:32 AM

You just have to convert the code over to c++ or C# and compile in a .nds,
then get an R4 or and AceKard (Preferred), and run it.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Aurzel

thomaswarner

Quote from: Aurzel on December 15, 2009, 11:26:32 AM
Send the game to nintendo:)

creeperjames

I also vote for an iPhone version.

First thing I did when I found the game (again) on towerdefence.net was google creeper world iphone and was disappointed to not find it.  I must have bought over a dozen tower defense games for the iphone in the past month.  Wouldn't sell for $10 on iPhone, probably closer to a few dollars but you'd reach a much larger audience.  

Hope you do something soon before someone steals it like they did The Space Game
http://www.towerdefence.net/games-228-The_Space_Game.php

it's Space Station: Frontier on the iPhone, made by an entirely different developer
http://appshopper.com/games/space-station-frontier