Can't run the demo "ParticleFleet.exe has stopped working"

Started by SL37, October 16, 2016, 03:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL37

Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed the demo multiple times, but I continually receive an error of "ParticleFleet.exe has stopped working" when I try to launch the demo.  I've tried to launch in Administrative mode, and the game progresses slightly further, in that it generates a bug report (attached).  I'm never able to launch the game, get to the initial splash screen, etc. 

Any ideas?  This is on a Windows 10 environment.

I've purchased all of the other CW games and really enjoyed them.  I'm confident Particle Fleet will be a great game and I want to support it.  Help me give you my money :) 

Thanks!

knucracker

Do you get a game log file?
This post shows the log file location:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21330.0

If you don't even get a game log, then there is something really wrong.  I'd need some info on your system hardware (memory, gpu, processor, etc) to make a guess.  Also, do you experience problems with any other software or games on your system?

SL37

I do get a game log.  See attached.

Also, no other issues with other games or software.  This seems to be a unique situation. 

Karsten75

SL37

Hi Karsten, I have downloaded the demo multiple times.  The issue is the same every time. 

Karsten75

If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

On the website, there are demos for Creeper World 3 and for Particle Fleet:Emergence.

I was hoping you could download both demos and see if both fail.

Then we have a data point.  Both those versions are written in Unity and have the same requirements for graphic capabilities. The main difference is that the PF:E demo has a higher VRAM  (Video RAM) requirement.

So if you can run the CW3 demo and NOT the PF:E demo, then we can look in the area of VRAM utilization. If you can't run both, then we can look at other probable issues.

SL37

Karsten, sorry about that!  I misread your post and didn't catch that you meant the CW3 demo.  I purchased CW3 when it launched and it's still working fine for me.  I've not had issues with CW3 or any other CW games in general.