Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8261: Anime Vs Cartoon

Author: PLN
Size: 240x154

Desc:
Map is hard if u not finish before 1 hour

marvinitfox

This map LOOKED very promising, but it was a very straightforward assault down the middle.

At no point did I feel threatened by creep, runners or spore.
That *huge* runner nest looked promising, but it never generated anything, and died quite early.

19:04 and done.

Maybe it builds up more scary if you leave it time to gather strength?

P.s.
Explain the map name please? My Language is not up to reading the intro messages, so I do not get the context.

Johnny Haywire

QuoteMap is hard if u not finish before 1 hour

I love a good challenge. If anyone loves turtling, you might like this map.I started my approach when the crazy spore tower began firing from the upper left corner. Up until then I'd just turtled.

I learned something I didn't know - There's a limit to how many spores can be in the air at once. If the spores have to travel all the way across the map to reach their target, the spore tower will have to stop firing for a few seconds.So, armed with that wonderful fuzz of knowledge, I very quickly calmly started guppying and AC bombing everything from the outside in. I kept my network of buildings on the right side to make this easier. Sure, it took a lot longer than needed but it was an interesting experiment.

In the end the super-spore tower or w/e you want to call it was as threatening as a news reporter is to a Supernova. Sure, it might seem threatening but it's just full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Questions:
1) I saw a red emitter that looked like a flip emitter. I eventually overran it with AC, but didn't notice what happened to it. Anyone know what it was?
2) What was the big blue thing in the middle? I killed it right away with 2 CN's just because it looked annoying.

I think it'd be cool if you or someone else would re-release this with the crazy spore tower timer set to maybe 7 minutes. That would actually present a threat. Just a thought  ;)

Thanks for the map!   ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?