This topic is for discussion of map #8255: The bruh

Author: doritoeatingkid
Size: 128x84

Desc:
There is a special victory message at the end read carefully

Helper

Another happy morning wake up call.
Thanks for the fun.
One of the rare games worth re-playing a few times.
H

doritoeatingkid

was the message good tho?   ???

doritoeatingkid

Helper

Quote from: doritoeatingkid on March 29, 2020, 08:53:09 AM
its almost 3 pm
Excellent! You have several hours to get up and create a game while I'm still snoring away.
;)

doritoeatingkid

Quote from: Helper on March 29, 2020, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: doritoeatingkid on March 29, 2020, 08:53:09 AM
its almost 3 pm
Excellent! You have several hours to get up and create a game while I'm still snoring away.
;)
ok i will dude but i have homework to do also

Johnny Haywire

Yanno, you don't actually need to put messages in the games. Totally up to you.

And how you make the map is also totally up to you. Do you want people to play all the way through it? If so, then make the Inhibitor about 50 times stronger. If you don't care how people play the map (i.e., just go straight for the inhibitor and get a 2-3 minute win) then leave it as it is.

It's really difficult to make maps that will appeal to most people. If you're decent at coding & scripting, take a look at some of the stuff that Yum234 ("Yum" for short) has done. Storyline maps are really challenging to do unless you are an avid reader/writer, and I'm not sure if English is your primary language or not. No worries if your native language isn't English, it's totally ok. Yum's isn't, so he doesn't do much dialogue but his maps are some of the best out there. Sorrontis is also one of the best out there, and his dialogue is usually hilarious in a subtle, intelligent way but his maps are really difficult so most people hate them. Focus on what you're good at and stick with it. In the meantime, you can keep working on other stuff and make it better  ;)

So I mean if you know you're not good at spelling in English maybe just don't do stuff that requires so much spelling. Stick with easy words and such, or use google to look up words... just don't get frustrated. It's a game, and the maps you've made are a good start and I think your maps are improving and will continue to improve as you learn more... keep it up!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Quote from: doritoeatingkid on March 30, 2020, 10:33:15 AM
ok i will dude but i have homework to do also
[/quote]
You sure have your priorities right.
CW is great fun, but it won't pay the bills (except for Virgil).
H

Johnny Haywire

Yes, yes! To Helper-wan you listen. Creeper work is cool, but homework is much more important!

Thanks for making efforts to do both  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?