Custom Map #8020: THE TRICK. By: RB

Started by AutoPost, December 19, 2019, 09:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8020: THE TRICK

Author: RB
Size: 125x125

Desc:
Not hard just takes a while some minor shortcuts are kinda hidden in game. Someone will probably find a major one though.

BilboGCL

Hey, this is really a nice map with a lot of different ways to victory!
I really wonder what you meant with minor shortcuts ;)
Thanks for the map!

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

marvinitfox

I thought i was doing so well with my 8-ish minute run, and someone poster a 2.5 minute run? wow
share your trick please?

Helper

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 20, 2019, 04:43:25 PM
I thought i was doing so well with my 8-ish minute run, and someone poster a 2.5 minute run? wow
share your trick please?

LOL! That "someone" has been finding unfindable ways to beat maps for as far back as I can remember. I haven't started this one yet, but it's always a treat to figure out how he did it.
Some early evening fun coming up.
H

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on December 20, 2019, 05:00:53 PM
Quote from: marvinitfox on December 20, 2019, 04:43:25 PM
share your trick please?

LOL! That "someone" has been finding unfindable ways to beat maps for as far back as I can remember. I haven't started this one yet, but it's always a treat to figure out how he did it.
Some early evening fun coming up.
H

i imagine there is some singularity and a guppy action going into Alter Olds score...

this is a great map RB, cheers dude!

some stiff competition for 2nd/3rd/4th and 5th places too!  ;) 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Johnny Haywire

QuoteI thought i was doing so well with my 8-ish minute run, and someone poster a 2.5 minute run? wow
share your trick please?

How about under 1-minute?  :o

I am SO not used to beating Alter Old's time... nor am I going to assume this will last ;D

Ok, so I hate pausing. Almost as much as I hate using the solution I came up with. Alter Old is going to kill me at some point, I know. I'm getting a new alarm system and 3 doberman pinschers just in case. And I don't expect my score to be #1 for long. If you beat my time after reading my spoiler, please at least have the kindness to let me know that my clue led you to a better strategy.

Spoiler
I did not use a singularity
[close]

This solution took me at least 40 minutes of trying different things... All for a 1-minute map. As much as I hate that kind of effort-to-result ratio... in some weird way it feels kinda good.

Thanks for the map, RB!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Alter Old

Ок, I have incidentally read through this topic. Johnny Haywire, you big well done! It was necessary to recollect already forgotten technics.
Now I pay more attention to CSM maps when there is time. Nonetheless...

As usual, forgive for my English.

Johnny Haywire

QuoteОк, I have incidentally read through this topic. Johnny Haywire, you big well done! It was necessary to recollect already forgotten technics.
Now I pay more attention to CSM maps when there is time. Nonetheless...

Wow. I mean "Wow" on so many levels.

First and foremost, I expected you to be able to figure out a way to beat my score. But... wow, 24 seconds?  :o :o Amazing. Simply amazing, good sir!

Secondly, I'm humbled and honored at the same time. Thank you so much for the honorable mention  ;D

You have a savant-like ability to see solutions that would elude even most Mensans. Grats on the high score!

I figured you were busy inventing some sort of cutting-edge hydrogen cell or maybe even working on a quantum drive or maybe a molecular transporter device... and that's why my high score had lasted so long. By the way, if you ever do finish such an invention, please let me know!  ;) 

Thanks for taking the time to post this amazing score... and thanks again to RB for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?