Suggestions that need their own thread

Started by Ebon Heart, January 04, 2012, 05:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I think a more instructive tutorial would be benificial, many players of the first two games play about as well as a cat playing a piano. At least explain packet dispersion, and what energy collection means more fully... besides the fact that more collection means you can do more at once. Simply knowing that 1 storage=1 packet, and that 1 collection=1 packet per second would help a lot.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ranakastrasz

(Not clear whether this does or does not include editer ease of ues functions)

For the field editer, I would request the ability to make manipulating field data easier, namely templates, which you can then draw (on existing fields) or create as seperate fields, as well as save them, so as to make certain common designs, like pipes, or whatever are easy to mass produce without using extra time to be careful and clean up the constant mistakes you are bound to make.

CrazedSeal

Quote from: SmileyCoder on January 12, 2012, 03:03:49 AM
Event driven actionI think the custom levels could be expanded alot more if it was possible to tie up certain actions to events. Example could be that taking a crystal starts an emitter/gateway/field.

I for one would like to see some sort of scripting language or trigger based system (Examples: Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2)

Should Consist of:
Event - What triggers the script
Condition - To check any conditions to be met
Actions - If condition is met, run specified actions.

However, this will take time to make, but would add a lot of things.
I will try and create some sorta mock-up API.
I'm Back!

Mr.H

I think Key configuration/preferences should be included.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Ranakastrasz

Or, messages that trigger as soon as something happens, or that alter under conditions, Such as, Say, Strategic advice, which if you solve the map *wrong* you will be confused by.

CrazedSeal

What I meant was.

Example:

Trigger: Emitter 001 is destroyed
Condition: Null
Actions:
Message - Display ["Good work commander"] from [Admiral Abraxis]

Something Like that.

Trigger: Holocube 002 is aquired
Condition: Holocube 001 is aquired
Actions:
Message - Display ["We've decrypted the data on the other holocube"] from [Dr. Aliana Abraxis]
Unit - Create Emitter at [X, Y] with Strength [100000] with Interval [30]
Message - Display ["We have detected an emitter appearing from the Warp field"] from [XXXX]
I'm Back!

Ebon Heart

I don't think being able to spawn units is a good idea... but I guess more freedom is better than less. :P One thing I'd really like is the ability to display messages at certain times. IE: 5 minutes into the game you get a message, or something like that. Just to sync up with events in game. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CrazedSeal

Well being able to create units ingame will allow many more scenarios, eg. Ambush, Reinforcements... ect.

I'm sure that there would be many things that trigger the actions.

Trigger: Time elapsed is 5:00
Action:
If Emitter 001 is dead
{
Message - Display ["Ah good you have made some progress"] from [Admiral Abraxis]
}
Else
{
Message - Display ["Get that emitter down ASAP"] from [Admiral Abraxis]
}

Trigger: Time elapsed is [5:00]
Actions:
Message - Display ["I've managed to put the Emitters into a stasis for now, you will be able to destroy them in this time"] from [Thrade]
Unit - Change Emitter [Emitter 001] [Strength] to

• Unit - Change Emitter [Emitter 002] [Strength] to

• General - Wait [2:00]
    Unit - Change Emitter [Emitter 001] [Strength] to [100000]
    Unit - Change Emitter [Emitter 002] [Strength] to [100000]

[] Are Values that are changed. 5:00 means 5 minutes, 2:00 means 2 minutes.
I'm Back!