Delay to start phantoms

Started by lich98, December 27, 2011, 08:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

I would think that a starting delay on phantoms would be nice, atm if I want to make alternating turns for phantoms, it is impossible to do correctly. See the map attchated.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Kithros

It is entirely possible to do correctly by having more than one phantom wave in the schedule - it's worth noting that when the schedule reaches  the end, the phantoms will only repeat the last wave, it does not repeat from the very beginning again. For instance, if you wanted the phantoms to come every 450 frames, then you would have the first phantom gateway have a schedule with just a delay of 900 (and whatever number/intensity etc. you want), and the other gate has the first wave at a delay of 450, then another wave after that with a delay of 900.

EDIT: Since that might have been only for that specific case - if you want a starting delay on a gateway, copy your first phantom wave, then change the delay on the first one in the schedule to (original delay + starting delay).

EDIT AGAIN: Made a mistake - it turns out the phantoms will start over from the beginning at the end of the schedule. In that case, just set the last wave in the list to 9999 repeats - unless your map is excessively long this will be good enough (to put it in perspective if the phantom waves were coming every 30 seconds, then it would take 83 hours before anything would go wrong). Make the number bigger than 99 if you want to.

lich98

well, just putting a starting delay makes it so much easier.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra