List maps I have not yet played

Started by SmileyCoder, November 10, 2011, 03:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

In the "Find maps online" screen, it would be nice if there was an option to only show maps I have not yet downloaded and played.

In the "My Maps" it would also be nice if it showed the same map number as the maps have on the server.

An option to download all custom maps.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

J

1) http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=8693.0
2) ready done
3) People have done this in CW1 but it made the game WAY too slow

Michionlion

Quote from: SmileyCoder on November 10, 2011, 03:18:53 AM
In the "Find maps online" screen, it would be nice if there was an option to only show maps I have not yet downloaded and played.

In the "My Maps" it would also be nice if it showed the same map number as the maps have on the server.

An option to download all custom maps.

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

SmileyCoder

Thank you both for your posts.

1) TY for the link.
2) I was more partitioning for having that number shown as # instead of (Or in addition) to the current number that just shows the order in which I downloaded the maps.
3) How does it make the game slow? I could understand if the download was slow, or it was to much server wise, but I dont see how it makes the game slow? (That said, please educate me otherwise)
TheSmileyCoder

CobraKill

It's it overloading the map queue, the "My Maps" section. It would take along time to scroll through there. Especially now with the CW2 queue.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Michionlion

Quote from: SmileyCoder on November 18, 2011, 06:12:19 AM
2) I was more partitioning for having that number shown as # instead of (Or in addition) to the current number that just shows the order in which I downloaded the maps.

I don't quite get it...  the map id IS the number given to maps when they are uploaded.  What other number is there?

Bit of extra information: the map id is also the name of the map when you download it through a browser outside of the game.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

crazyone76

I think he means the number left of the map name
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michionlion

Quote from: crazyone76 on November 26, 2011, 10:06:55 AM
I think he means the number left of the map name
? no idea what you're talking about here
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

crazyone76

you have from left to right # title author score last played
or something like that

and he means the #
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmileyCoder

Quote from: crazyone76 on November 28, 2011, 03:07:32 PM
you have from left to right # title author score last played
or something like that

and he means the #

Bingo, here have a
Spoiler
cookie!
[close]
TheSmileyCoder

Grauniad

There are two numbers typically associated with maps in the "My Maps" folder.

1. For maps downloaded from the official KC site, has a number that represents their relative position in the KC database. On your computer, if you download the map without renaming it, or if you used the in-game browser, this number will be the file name of the map in the custom games folder.

2. Another number is sequentially assigned to maps for display purposes in the "My Maps" display.

It is not feasible to map this number onto the first number, since some maps in the Customgames folder may not have numbers as a file name, or the numbers may be anything - such as 10006, or a very long file name such as "my brilliant new map version 1 test 2 done today" that will totally mess up the display.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon