Particle Fleet Demo Now Available!

Started by knucracker, September 28, 2016, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaworeq

Game installs and runs fine on our shit laptop win10 x64

kingarthur

i was able to download and install it and have played the pro log without issue. on win 10

Karsten75

Quote from: harrymcb on September 28, 2016, 11:06:57 AM
it is asking me for an activation key? also it had an error installing, it said that "the source file is corrupted" among other things i don't remember

Just for those who are following. We've tracked this issue to a permission problem on the user machine with writing to certain folders. OP resolved the issue by running as Admin. An updated version of the game will test for this situation and more gracefully exit while notifying the user of the problem.

ljw1004

Game installs and runs fine on my "OSX El Capitan 10.11.16" MBP 15" retina.

Also on my win10 x64 Surface Pro 4.

BoxOfSnoo

I get a Crash on MacOS Sierra.  I have a few console crash dumps attached.

jbrush13

knucracker

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on September 28, 2016, 12:59:50 PM

Just to verify, did you change gatekeeper to allow the app to run?  Apple has continued along their march to get everyone to sign apps with their keys.
http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/

Just wanted to double check this first.
(At some point in the next few months I'll jump through their hoops and get a key from them, in addition to the signing key I already have from a different certificate authority).

Sierra is really new and I've not tested on it yet.  I'll see what my system does later today (after it updates).  A hard crash like that usually means something between unity, the OS, and OS or permissions settings.  So things I'll be googling for relate to unity games crashing on sierra.

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: virgilw on September 28, 2016, 01:12:43 PM
Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on September 28, 2016, 12:59:50 PM

Just to verify, did you change gatekeeper to allow the app to run?  Apple has continued along their march to get everyone to sign apps with their keys.
http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/

Just wanted to double check this first.
(At some point in the next few months I'll jump through their hoops and get a key from them, in addition to the signing key I already have from a different certificate authority).

Sierra is really new and I've not tested on it yet.  I'll see what my system does later today (after it updates).  A hard crash like that usually means something between unity, the OS, and OS or permissions settings.  So things I'll be googling for relate to unity games crashing on sierra.

I right-clicked and clicked "Open", which allows me to bypass the MAS-only restriction.  The first two dumps may have been because of that I guess.

Edit: nope.  I alternate between the KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS and the EXC_I386_GPFLT error.

Th3ch053n0n3

Successful install, Win7 I7 4790K 32GB RAM.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: jbrush13 on September 28, 2016, 01:25:04 PM
possible minor spelling mistake in first mission.  i think its supposed to say "mine" not "mire"

Nope, mire is the correct term.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

jbrush13

possible minor spelling mistake in first mission.  i think its supposed to say "mine" not "mire"

Edit: maybe mire is a real word. no idea

peter

peter

Quote from: jbrush13 on September 28, 2016, 01:26:29 PM

Mire is correct.

All will become apparent as the game progresses.

Karsten75

Quote from: jbrush13 on September 28, 2016, 01:26:29 PM

"Mire" is a real word and the one intended here. :)

MizInIA

Installs and runs on Win 7 x64 virtual machine. it is slow and jumpy but that is what you get when there isn't a real graphics card and you are PCoIP.  looks good!