This topic is for discussion of map #694: Sorrontis' Evil

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 301x165

Desc:
That's right, I can be evil some times. #NoPRPL

Sorrontis

No comments yet?

Come on, you know you love this map.
It's got everything; Massively dangerous cannons - A massive wave of deadly particles - A superclass enemy ship that shoots at x5 frequency - Invisible emitters on time delays - hidden energy sources - hidden strategies to help you win!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

mercan1299

It's awesome map.

I liked and I haaateee...

I can't destroy the mother ship.

Help please.

Sorrontis

Quote from: mercan1299 on March 13, 2017, 04:10:47 PM
It's awesome map.

I liked and I haaateee...

I can't destroy the mother ship.

Help please.

Think outside the usual process of the game. There's something you can sacrifice that you would never think of doing.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

Bahahahaha Oh you sneaky little  ;D

Have to give you a 10 just for having the gall to put that kind of trick in the your map :P
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Sorrontis

Hahaha! I just found a flaw! Darnit, I thought I had it all sealed tight.  3 minutes almost on the dot! :o

GoodMorning

Quote from: Sorrontis on March 13, 2017, 05:15:36 PM
[...] that you would never think of doing.

...on one of your maps.

So, that's three ways to win. The intended, the undead, and the bright idea.

The undead way involves taking a short holiday in the hereafter while the storm passes. The intended way involves weathering the storm. The bright idea, I think I can guess, though Sorrontis would usually have prevented that first. Right?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 13, 2017, 08:50:12 PM
... though Sorrontis would usually have prevented that first. Right?

Well, I thought I did. And I tested for it at least 20 times. But today, something dawned on me, so I tried it when I first got home.... and tada! It's works, after about 5 tries. I literally destroyed the progenitor as the particulate wave hits the HQ.

GoodMorning

Let us see if I can drop my time by a factor of 40, then.

Edit: Better yet, a factor of 80+. I don't think I will get such a time on a Sorrontis map hereafter (PRPL aside), but once is enough.

There were some who didn't think V gave us a superweapon in this game. As Sorrontis has demonstrated here, there is one.

yum-forum

In my case even all fleet with TheBug can not destroy 1 enemy TheBug!
Really evil...  :-\
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

GoodMorning

There is only one ship with that capability. And it doesn't survive the experience. All for one, and remember that you only need to remove one cell under the bridge to destroy any ship.

KingGladiator88

I give up. Don't know how to finish this by whatever map exploit you guys found or doing it legitimatley.

Don't know what the hidden thingamajigs you can lathe do either. But as soon as those particle storage/bombs things go off I get shrek'd.

Haven't been this stumped by one of your maps since a CW3 one with a 20 minute creeper bomb in the middle -_-

GoodMorning

The long way is:
Spoiler

Claim everything on the left, maybe take out a cannon on the right with the HQ. Don't build ships or amp the two you have. Put the amp gems into techs. When the wave comes, watch the fireworks. Eventually, the particles vanish. At that point, put the HQ in again on the left, near the now-safe mines, and play as normal. There's still a trick or two later, but this will let you (re)start safely.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 14, 2017, 10:34:04 PM
The long way is:
Spoiler

Claim everything on the left, maybe take out a cannon on the right with the HQ. Don't build ships or amp the two you have. Put the amp gems into techs. When the wave comes, watch the fireworks. Eventually, the particles vanish. At that point, put the HQ in again on the left, near the now-safe mines, and play as normal. There's still a trick or two later, but this will let you (re)start safely.
[close]

Possible more better and fast way, but problem at the end of game (see screenshot).
How to destroy very powerful TheBug enemy? For me it was impossible and I gave up....
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Doug

Geez. I saw the quick way pretty easily but man does it take some timing! You appear to have found a faster path then I did Sorrontis.

Spoiler
I used my HQ to bomb the big ship first. Once to clear the structure and a second time to kill the mothership. Not sure if there is a way to do it in one deployment of your HQ? After that I took one mine on the bottom right below the progenitor then flew my HQ around and took the second mine. Once the first mine was active I destroyed my combat lathe and rebuilt it below the progenitor while my hq lathed away from the top. Took a bit of timing and luck avoiding the large emergent but after 5-10 tries I got it lol. While I was destroying the mothership I snagged a couple gems at the other side and sped up building followed by defense for the mines.
[close]