Custom Map #201: 1.4 The Forest Temple

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2011, 05:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyone76

noticing the names of your maps and your name..
is this by any chance related to loz oot?
(if this is mentioned in game, im just gonna play now)
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebon Heart

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

crazyone76

maybe you coulda make 4 rooms to fill with anti creeper to resemble the torches in the game
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link327

well, this is something of a .... mix?
I create what I want. xD
This is a mix of:
LoZ (You guessed right :) )
DQ9, Dragon Quest 9.(Enemy Boss is Corvus, some times I thought about calling the helping "Unkown" Celestria, but decided to put more LoZ in at that point.)
Well, Revaran City, that name is freely invented xD Sounding cool I thought^^
Well, Forest, Fire, Sea, Shadow. If I would have looked at LoZ TP it would be a desert Castle right?^^
Well, 1.9 and followings are DQ again, Realm of Mighty.
I have to say, I created 1.1 - 1.10, 1.11 will be created by Ebon_Heart. What could need some time...the longer to wait, the better it will be :)

The only thing ME have to think about is about which things to mix up in the 2.X's, 3.X's, Y.X's xD. I didnt call it only 1.); 2.) and so on for no reason. It isnt my only campaign I have ideas of.
Also maybe I can create a CW2-Copy of my SL-Campaign (CW1-Maps), with the question: How? xD
if i do, +20 maps :D
Maybe I will create a Campaign to Earth 2150/60. Who knows. I dont.
Well, enough of explaining. Have fun playin this.
LoZ Boss Battle Idea
(Some last thing...sry xD... I also thought about something like "LoZ Boss Battles"...but i doubt i will do that. I began thinking about Volvagia, and the method i would use to create a really nice boss....well, i dont think im ready to build up over 4000 fields, evryone with hundreds of actions. I imagined how it would look like: I giant red wormlike dragon flying through the air, shooting fireballs down, breathing fire, letting brocks come down from the top and much more. For the Dragon itself I would use 1x1 fields. Imagine the dragon has 300 Subcells and for each subcell it moves on I have to create an action ( FOR EVERY SUBCELL THE DRAGON TAKES!) The result would be epic, true, but how long will that take to build? Not mentioning the attacks, a well custom character for Volvagia(xD) and so on. I would guess that would be.... like 1200 hours of work.If I would work 24 hours/day, 50 days. XD That's maybe a stage too high for me...)
[close]
[Boah, sry for these text masses....xD], this was it now from my plans for the future, dont steal my ideas, thats like Link is living today, bye! :)
Link327

Katra

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 15, 2011, 06:55:48 PM
Quote from: Link327 on September 15, 2011, 10:27:05 AM
There are some little caves (3x1) from beginning on. Put AC into them, fields will automatically port them into these rooms.

I don't understand what that means.
What little caves, and how do you put AC in them?

I have taken out all the creeper and have 6 Maker's pumping AC all over the map, but nothing is happening  in the sealed rooms.

You filled the entire map with AC EXCEPT the little 1x3 horizontal rooms that feed to the sealed rooms. (You built reactors in the spaces.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

DethbyIT

@Katra,
Thank you for the additional information.
I was able to use the Map Editor figure out the secret room (cave) and went back in the next day to finish up.

That Map Editor trick is a good one - I've used it several times since then to figure out some games.
dbit

Mozai

How are we supposed to find the creeper teleports without using the map editor?

Using the map editor seems like cheating.

TrickyDragon

loved the map, glad someone suggested it :D   and i lol'ed at ebon and dbt xD
This is Life,  Life happens.

TrickyDragon

also, i cant wait to play the next in the series :D
This is Life,  Life happens.

Helper

Very nice - a little tricky, but definitely playable and fun.