Main Menu

Scoreboosters

Started by archn, February 20, 2010, 01:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archn

Maybe a bonus score booster, for reaching it, etc.  Also, maybe it can "fade" away, or be destroyed by creep.

The smoking revolver

another stupid sugestion. its time based
There is always a I in team

Spartan

It would add bonus for extra risk of over expanding if you place the bonus in a place that would be overrun by creeper quickly and was very hard to defend. Maybe if there was a way to regulate the probable time loss with the score of the bonus it wouldn't mess up the high scores and give players an extra challenge for the highest score. That would be at mapmakers discretion though so I'm guessing either it would never be worth the risk or would be mandatory to get in the high scores and you might as well use an artifact. If mapmakers could place it well than I think it would be cool.
"I wonder why we think faster than we can speak." (Calvin)
"Probably so we can think twice." (Hobbes)

teengamer

I disagree as the whole objective is to get the totems powered up as quickly as possible. So that would change the objective.

archn

Quote from: Spartan on February 24, 2010, 05:45:25 PM
It would add bonus for extra risk of over expanding if you place the bonus in a place that would be overrun by creeper quickly and was very hard to defend. Maybe if there was a way to regulate the probable time loss with the score of the bonus it wouldn't mess up the high scores and give players an extra challenge for the highest score. That would be at mapmakers discretion though so I'm guessing either it would never be worth the risk or would be mandatory to get in the high scores and you might as well use an artifact. If mapmakers could place it well than I think it would be cool.

Which was what I was suggesting.  But I think it's just a nice little "side quest".  I personally don't care much about score, but think it would be a good bonus.  I guess you could always place an artifact, with a "good job" text.

Spartan

I play for the fun of it too and enjoy dominating a map or handicaping myself for extra challenge, leading to terrible scores, but many people do enjoy the highscore system so any changes would have to keep things fair for those players. That wouldn't be a problem with a score booster though if done right.
"I wonder why we think faster than we can speak." (Calvin)
"Probably so we can think twice." (Hobbes)