Main Menu

Radar

Started by betadata, January 23, 2010, 07:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betadata

I think the poor spores get a bad rep due the the uncertainty they bring to the game. Yes we know when the next attack is but ho w many and from where?? It can be frustrating to have what you feel is a decent defence grid of sams only to be over whelmed or out flanked by a bombardment of spores.
I suggest a radar building only one can be build like thor which BTW is way to powerful.But thats another rant.
I envision a building with a arrow off it and a number next to it. pointing in the direction the next attack is coming from and how many. I think it will level the playing field for the player vs spore battles.

SPIFFEN

I like the idea ,
but after playing the map some times ,
you kind of get the info about this .
But if the radar had some extra powers of some kind ,
it might be worth building .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

NoobSauce

Thor is supposed to be "way to powerful."  And after the first attack you know exactly where the spores are coming from (hint: It's either North, South, East, or West.  There's no random any more.).
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

betadata

but each wave can be scripted to come from any side and the number can also be different for each wave.

just if thor were nerfed a bit it would be usable for more maps. with its current strength it in effect removes one weapon that we could be using.

Joykill

I dont think Thor was designed to be used in a ton of maps... Virgilw just wanted a 'superweapon' to end his campaign with... its a common game thingie, most strategy games get a real powerful unit near the end, to hold of the final push of the enemy...

Aurzel

i disagree with the radar, and yes the thor's been ranted about before several times, the radar is just another idea to make the game easier for the player, part of the fun of the spore waves is the uncertainty

Kamron3

Aurzel

i'd prefer to know where and how many spores are coming too but i think that'd take some of the fun of it away

Kamron3

Not having one keeps the surprise available, not deflected.

_k

Aurzel

meh suit yourself, i still say no

Kamron3

betadata

i suggested it because I feel the map makers avoid using spores because of the bad rep they have. This in effect takes out part of the game. the same with thor. how many maps use thor? not many thus taking away a choice of a weapon for us to use. I like variety and would like to see more use of ALL the game features.  I like challenging maps that make me use all the game features to win.

Granted there may be other ways to accomplish this but it is just one idea.

Kamron3

Spores are good, they are like the jocks of Creeper World.

_k