high score tracking for user made maps

Started by betadata, December 26, 2009, 05:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betadata

Dont know how much work it would be, but it would be cool to be able submit scores from user made maps to the site for a high score tracking. I would like to see how I compare to others playing the maps too.

Aurzel

that would probably be quite hard to do given the flow of new maps among other things, i think we can do that ourselves if the creator would keep score if he has a topic for the map in the custom maps section, or maybe we can have a topic dedicated to keeping scores of maps if someone wants to be score keeper

Kamron3

If something like this happens then this would be a good idea:

In order to have a Map on the high-score scales, it must maintain:

- Rated higher than 3 for a week.
- Downloaded over 100 times.
- Approved by Map Moderators(which would be a good thing to have, Virgil, along with mods and such.)

I'd love to apply for that Map Mod position, I consider myself a CW Expert =)

_k

Aurzel

Kamron3

Yeah, but how many of them are actually experts? :P

_k

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on December 26, 2009, 06:39:42 PM
that would probably be quite hard to do given the flow of new maps among other things, i think we can do that ourselves if the creator would keep score if he has a topic for the map in the custom maps section, or maybe we can have a topic dedicated to keeping scores of maps if someone wants to be score keeper
I don't see how it would be hard to implement. The game already knows how to send  back data. So for each registered map it needs to send back the map ID, username and score.

Aurzel

i dunno, i fail at this kinda thing, it just seems like a lotta extra stuff to do

SPIFFEN

It would be very nice if custom maps gets an high score list ,
an the forum would be cleaner if we didnt have to post scores in the forum .
And it would be less work for the MODs and map creator .

Cant be to hard to do this with maps that are accepted ,
when it's on game maps , or is it ?
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links