Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9690: Small map - no tricks

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 40x40

Desc:
Terp is one of your friends.

Johnny Haywire

Aye, I used a terp the first time then realized it wasn't needed. I rarely play maps through a second time but this one was worth it just for fun!

What makes this map so good?

1) The name brand: Martin Gronsdal - This means iff (if and only if) you are a Mensa member or even close to qualifying, you'll enjoy this map.  ;)
2) The low rating - this means people who don't even know what Mensa is are getting upset because they're still looking for the "ANY" key to continue. So they give it a low rating.  :P
3) There's lots of ORE, lots of TOTEMS, and even lots of... lots of... should I spoil it? No, if you're starting a Martin Map you ought to know what you need to look for.

Either that or you're still using your fingers, toes, and maybe both of your teeth to figure out your IQ.  :D

HA HA!

Seriously, though. If you're struggling with this map... just... hmm... look around? If you're still confused yet even partially literate, just ask a question. Huge helping hands hover hither!  ;)

Thanks for the map!  Three huge grins up! ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

tamashii

I enjoyed this version more then the "remake". It has unique gameplay, that had me trying three times in what order to place my infrastructure.

What I didnt like was the "no tricks" title with hidden aether packs. imo the totems' only purpose is hiding these and the map would have been better if you just removed half of the totems.

Nonetheless, this is some short, but nice fun.  It has that tension I like about cw, that when you misstep you needa redo a lot. It definitly cuts out the dragging, slow part where one has build up everything and needs to clear the remaining half of the map. Nice build up with unusual choices for success and if you needa redo, it's fast and fun.
alea iacta est: 42

Helper

Can I get a Spoiler on where the heck that darned "Any" key is?
I've looked everywhere.
Thanks,
H

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: tamashii on September 08, 2021, 07:33:06 PM
I enjoyed this version more then the "remake". It has unique gameplay, that had me trying three times in what order to place my infrastructure.

What I didnt like was the "no tricks" title with hidden aether packs. imo the totems' only purpose is hiding these and the map would have been better if you just removed half of the totems.

Nonetheless, this is some short, but nice fun.  It has that tension I like about cw, that when you misstep you needa redo a lot. It definitly cuts out the dragging, slow part where one has build up everything and needs to clear the remaining half of the map. Nice build up with unusual choices for success and if you needa redo, it's fast and fun.

thank you for playing, but I'd rather see spoilers in spoilers, please.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Helper on September 09, 2021, 04:17:05 AM
Can I get a Spoiler on where the heck that darned "Any" key is?
I've looked everywhere.
Thanks,
H

look around ;)

Johnny Haywire

On a desktop computer, it's usually right behind the power plug for the computer so just pull out that big black cable from the back of your computer and you should see it.  ;D

Helper

@JH - Thank you so much.
I would never have thought to look....

Johnny Haywire

You're most welcome! Like my grandma always said:

It's worth a look to look and see
If seeing looks is what you be.
And if you be what looks or sees
Then see and look - here's lots of bees!

I was never quite sure what all of it meant, but she would laugh and throw hornet's nest in my direction after reciting her poem.

I wanted to tell her that hornets aren't actually bees, and that her poem was grammatically and scientifically flawed, but since she kept a sawed-off shotgun in her hollow leg, I usually just ran.

But at least Grandma taught me to always look! Ya never know!

Helper

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 18, 2021, 01:02:40 AM
But at least Grandma taught me to always look! Ya never know!

Grammy's are extra cool people.
They love you no matter what you do, cook better than anyone, and usually miss when they throw something at you.
Although...they can SOMETIMES be cryptic with their comments.
:)
H