AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7624: InkCSM-8

Author: INSH
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Good lu! :)

marvinitfox

Nice, but definitely too easy.
There are MANY multiple ways to win, and most of the special features do not need to be used at all.

this map is quite doable using just the power minitower, relays and upgrades(of the special features)

The AC bomb needs not be used *at all*

The red-circle booster tower at the top can be taken with a simple assault from the safe zone on the right.

Did not even really need to use the #1 rainbow connector. Used it on two spots only, and didn't really need it there.

Etc.

Basically, both blue and yellow an be taken easily, and this gives access to *all* the upgrade locations, and fully upgraded everything is just too strong.

yum-forum

Yah. It was so planned. Easy and multitasking. And player can make choices what weapons to use for enjoyable playing.

Thanks for feedback!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Altren

Quote from: marvinitfox on August 03, 2019, 08:29:01 AM
Just play the same way as I do: use only gate blockers and connectors. I.e. no towers, AC bombs, upgrades, singularity, etc.
This one was extra challenging.

I do like CSM maps, but I can't say that I like where CSM goes, especially when mortars are part of "CSM Classic" map. It was mode about flow control, and all these attacking entities move us back to the regular creeper world with differently shooting units.
The only pros I see is that most of this maps can be played without using many new features, so the maps are harder.

yum-forum

Quote from: Altren on August 04, 2019, 02:18:52 AM
Quote from: marvinitfox on August 03, 2019, 08:29:01 AM
Just play the same way as I do: use only gate blockers and connectors. I.e. no towers, AC bombs, upgrades, singularity, etc.
This one was extra challenging.

I do like CSM maps, but I can't say that I like where CSM goes, especially when mortars are part of "CSM Classic" map. It was mode about flow control, and all these attacking entities move us back to the regular creeper world with differently shooting units.
The only pros I see is that most of this maps can be played without using many new features, so the maps are harder.

Thanks for feedback!  :)

I also think do not use in next maps "Mortar on PZ" or "Sprayer on PZ" chips.
Also it seems that in one map should be not so much variety of units and player's weapons. 
last

DoomDutch

Quote from: Altren on August 04, 2019, 02:18:52 AM

I agree. It is not really what it used to be. To go by every feature:

-Gates, amazing core feature and would love to see the focus returned to this. Though I haven't seen gates that only allow anti-creeper much lately...
-The gateblocker objects are fun to work with as well as the Stargate rings. (Especially the kind that are numbered.)
-One-way nodes where (anti-)creep can only go one or two ways. Love these! More of them!
-Power emitters which boosts your emitters are a classic in this game mode too and love to work with them, though would like to see a bit of variety with them. (I.e. more +2 or -2 nodes instead of just +1/-1)
-Same goes with the power emitters who boost or weaken enemy emitters! It is a keeper!
-Bombs can be a fun feature, but can also be easily made mandatory to win the game. Would like to see more supportive bombs like neutralizing a single emitter or boosting one of your own.
-Super emitters, or armoured emitters. Best. Addition. Ever. I absolutely love these! But these can be overused, so be careful! Also like how a few times when you defeat them, they upgrade your emitters around it!
-Control bridges are fun too, but not when one controle node activates multiple bridges.
-Emitter upgrades with power are interesting, but too easy to make it OP. If used, and like the bombs, ought to be used in a supportive role, not in a role that wins you the map.
-Here's a feature not seen for a while: the circuit chips. (Like in CSM-68) I loved them when they were used and I am sad to not have seen them ever since...
-The modules... honestly, I am not impressed. This feature doesn't fit in CSM. It's not CSM anymore with them. The only one that I don't mind with this are the Reactor modules. I don't use the others, unless they are absolutely necessary to win...
-Anti-creep spores... what... what is the use of them? They're useless, unnecessary and too random.

Regallion

Quote from: DoomDutch on August 04, 2019, 08:24:29 AM

-Anti-creep spores... what... what is the use of them? They're useless, unnecessary and too random.
They are actually 100% deterministic as they hit X closest targets. That said they need careful balancing by the mapmaker so that they get just enough power at just the right times.

Riskbreaker

i like when a control affects two bridges, means i must be carefull when i press the button. As i might be opening a path for me, but losing ground on another.

So sometimes i need to keep the gate open just for a little while, as i press into an emiter, and close it before the creeper on the other bridge presses onto my emiters.

I also have fun with those massive 800+ creeper, like blocking a gate, walling it up, then using the blocker somewhere else, while the walls holds that massive creep back just for enough time to block it again...

edit. As for bombs and some chips, i imagine if having them be one-use only would makes things more, puzzly. Then i must pick which purple emitter to explode from a distance, when to acelerate my emiter, when to use that creeper weakening aura...

Regallion

Quote from: Riskbreaker on August 05, 2019, 12:58:32 PM

edit. As for bombs and some chips, i imagine if having them be one-use only would makes things more, puzzly. Then i must pick which purple emitter to explode from a distance, when to acelerate my emiter, when to use that creeper weakening aura...
The bomb chips have a setting that allows them to produce a finite number of bombs.The tower chips  have a simillar setting that only allows them to have an effect for X seconds.
Of course it's up to map maker to use them.

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

Fresh video of my map created by Master PRG:  :D

The same with 2X speed: