Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10128: 055-Ulle

Author: AlexX
Size: 255x255

Desc:
vanilla map with a bertha

Loren Pechtel

Vanilla but a tough start!  Finally survived it, at that point it just takes time.

D0m0nik

I wish I had some time to play your maps, had an hour this evening, got wiped out at 26min game time as I overstretched! No save  :'( Rookie error.

Love this though, will be back! Tricky desions at the start, to Bertha or not to Bertha?

rennervate

"Better" times will surely come again.

This error happens to me all the time. For me it's overconfidence :-)
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Lappan

So I started with a big collector grid, built 4 mortars and then 4 cannon well within that and set about building up reactors as fast as I could without starving the guns. Was holding creeper at bay until when trying to build enough beams to hold off the six-shotter SW at 9 minutes. Do I need a fundamentally different approach or just tweak what I'm doing?

D0m0nik

Quote from: Lappan on July 09, 2022, 07:34:06 PM
So I started with a big collector grid, built 4 mortars and then 4 cannon well within that and set about building up reactors as fast as I could without starving the guns. Was holding creeper at bay until when trying to build enough beams to hold off the six-shotter SW at 9 minutes. Do I need a fundamentally different approach or just tweak what I'm doing?

I built a terp and made a small 3 high wall around my base, much easier to defend. The centre could then be nullified for a PZ beam. I flew a cannon around the map cutting off the thin lines of digitalis at the far ends. Then push out one corner at a time. Never got round to finsihing the map but the start is a lot of fun.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on July 10, 2022, 05:54:48 AM
Quote from: Lappan on July 09, 2022, 07:34:06 PM

I built a terp and made a small 3 high wall around my base, much easier to defend. The centre could then be nullified for a PZ beam. I flew a cannon around the map cutting off the thin lines of digitalis at the far ends. Then push out one corner at a time. Never got round to finsihing the map but the start is a lot of fun.

Yeah, you have to sacrifice the friendly emitter for a PZ pretty early.