Custom Map #2942: AC Boiler [PAC]. By: PlainCucumber

Started by AutoPost, March 03, 2022, 06:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2942: AC Boiler [PAC]

Author: PlainCucumber
Size: 320x200

Yamioni

Win condition can be triggered by stunning the Rift Lab with a skimmer or a creeper lord. I assume that wasn't intentional.

Karsten75

Quote from: Yamioni on March 03, 2022, 10:53:54 PM
Win condition can be triggered by stunning the Rift Lab with a skimmer or a creeper lord. I assume that wasn't intentional.

I don't see how else one can beat this.

TBFProgrammer

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 04, 2022, 05:01:55 AM

Build a dozen or so floods so you have a solid wall of creeper, grounders now generate units instantly
Build a creeper lord
Set some grounders to generate blobs with the creeper lord as the target
Creeper lord is now a mobile emitter with high yield

Malignantmind

A single grounder, built immediately, is all you need. Even if it doesn't stun the lab, a couple of the skimmers will drop on the north/south sides and activate the emitters there before the AC gets to them. Build one, let it fire off a few skimmers, and then turn it off. You'll still win, it'll just take longer.

That said, you have immediate access to the entirety of the enemy buildings and can even destroy the walls. So you can basically instantly win.

Yamioni

Quote from: Malignantmind on March 04, 2022, 03:33:55 PM

A single grounder, built immediately, is all you need. Even if it doesn't stun the lab, a couple of the skimmers will drop on the north/south sides and activate the emitters there before the AC gets to them. Build one, let it fire off a few skimmers, and then turn it off. You'll still win, it'll just take longer.

That said, you have immediate access to the entirety of the enemy buildings and can even destroy the walls. So you can basically instantly win.

This. A few random skimmers will find their way to the north and south edges, capturing them before the AC reaches them.

Fabio pen

I loved the map and the units... maybe a more elaborate map?

Vuld_Edone

I personally used blobs+eggs to overtake the center, then realized how potent floods were. (And yeah, a creeperlord would trivialize this all even more.)

But my comment is about how the low creep cap prevents a more... classic win where you just overwhelm the enemy in pure raw creep output. That's my only regret with this map.

MortisAeternalis

So, uh, not to necro this or anything but a fun bug with this map is that the objective is looking solely for "is network touching rift lab" and the lab itself is movable... Which leads to a very fun scenario where you can move it just out of range before unpausing it to begin with and a win 0-second "victory", though the game doesn't count it as such. It *will*, however, count a victory if the lab is moved to the very edge of its connectivity and then is moved again once the map is unpaused.