This topic is for discussion of map #2696: Second

Author: Mavelost

Desc:

PMouser

i cant seem to beat through the tough millions of creeper any ideas? ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

radarkat

It just seems tedious with that much creeper. Put in some bombs we can use right away. I'm not sure if I will even finish this map!

PMouser

ty, there is no way to get to the bombs. so not an option. any other ideas? ty

radarkat

I had to look again. I am a dope. You have to build a microrift first to keep the relay at the very bottom from going out. Then you work your way up to get at the big bombs.

PMouser

I did this, and still cant bust through the millions of creeper making walls on the bottom, ty.

TLMike

I feel like it's pretty much impossible. (I mean, I know it's not, obviously, but jeez.)
I had broken through that creeper wall at the bottom, but when I opened the block into the second next room, that long creeper snake broke down my defense and formed the wall again. I can't get through at all.

TLMike

I finally beat it. It was a rough battle, but I got it.

plague2019

Quote from: PMouser on May 05, 2015, 04:02:46 PM
I did this, and still cant bust through the millions of creeper making walls on the bottom, ty.

I registered just to comment on this map.

Basically, there are a few tricks:

Spoiler
First, build two reactors and a microrift immediately.  This will preserve the beacon on the bottom of the map. DO NOT USE THE CREEPER BOMB.

Second, use the anti-creeper emitter on the top row to clear most of the first chamber. If you put two launchers in that row, you can offset your anti-creeper consumption. Later on, you can destroy the creeper emitter entirely as long as you build enough makers to burn anti-creeper and can keep it from hitting 2147M.

Third, until you are basically in the end game, do not dig the opening from the upper chamber into the chamber below. There's no point and it just draws fire from your launchers making stuff annoying.

At this point, clear all the chambers (the small one on the left with the anti-emitter, then the one on the right with the drones, then the one on the far left.

Then you go to the bottom. Using makers, open up the chamber next to the beacon at the bottom that you saved.  Put a microrift in the area. Kill all the emitters, clear the creeper.  Then open up the second (middle) chamber.  Importantly, do NOT use the bomb.  You can, with enough launchers, tear down the wall. Tearing down the wall takes forever.  Go watch a movie.

Ysing a bunch of charged makers and then two shields, you can blow the two emitters at the bottom of this chamber without blowing up the anti-emitter.  This is a powerful emitter and helps. Box it with shields and let it charge up the area to 500M+.

At this point what you can do is use the bomb. Wait for the pool of creeper at the bottom of the third chamber to get close to 2100M, set up a shield, and then dig through.  Set off the bomb and then using the wave of anti-creeper you create, lay down shields on the 2nd from the top row of this chamber and then destroy all the emitters.  Then dig through, destroy the shields, and use the wave of anti-creeper to open up the chamber above. If you are fast, you can lay down shields to preserve access to the other areas and plant micro-rifts and - importantly - a beacon at the top center.  Now you can access all the remaining creeper bombs and the rest is straightforward.
[close]

teknotiss

Quote from: plague2019 on February 10, 2022, 03:06:51 AM
Quote from: PMouser on May 05, 2015, 04:02:46 PM

I registered just to comment on this map.

thanks for joining!

good job on the necromancy too... that was a very dead thread you resurrected there lol ;)

have fun playing, the CW3 and 4 sub-communities are pretty active, so if you play either of those come on over and comment on those maps too!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus