Official Greenlight Topic for CW3

Started by knucracker, November 04, 2013, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Here are the stats as of this morning.  There was a recent spike in traffic (internal to greenlight) which drove up the votes for a few days.  Best I can tell the top 100 starts in the 7500-8500 range (currently).  If there is another batch greenlit in early January, I doubt cw3 will be in that batch.  February... maybe.  It depends on what games are in the queue (or promises of games), exposure, the tides, gravitational fluctuations, butterfly wing flaps, etc...

snadasky

i do not like how so many games that are basically just pie in the sky ideas get green lit, while games that are complete and released just never get out. 

They should have two green lights one for ideas and indev games and one for released games. 

asmussen

I'm guessing you may very well have already seen this, but just in case you haven't.

http://indiegames.com/2012/10/greenlight_tips_and_tricks_for.html
Shawn Asmussen

Yinan

One Question:
If I buy CW3 now, do I later get a free Steam-Key when it's on there? Or would I have to buy it anew (which would mean that I would probably wait to buy it until it's on Steam)?

Loved CW1 and CW2 but really want to have CW3 on Steam.

knucracker

I will give steam keys to existing customers one it gets greenlit.

Yinan

Greate! Thanks for the fast reply :)

timotimo

knucracker

97% of the way to the top 100.  This means the game is ranked between 100 and 200 out of the 1500+ games currently on greenlight (one assumes).

Getting in the top 100 is a MadMax Thunderdome activity.  The only way to get there is by pushing some other game out.   Now when some games get greenlit everybody moves up.  New games are always appearing, though.

The rank lines they show flip around a lot.  Sometimes there are 4 lines of game tracks that were all tracking less than CW3 did at this stage.  Sometimes there are track lines for younger games that have 2000+ more votes than CW3 does currently.  And yes sometimes the games that have the most votes and are taking top spots aren't even real games yet... they are just promise-ware.

pawel345

While reading the Greenlight page I noticed that it has outdated info. The Colonial Space is still to be done according to it and there was no announcement that there is now a Linux version. Maybe updating the info and making some screenshots of the new user created maps and units(or even a Colonial Space trailer) could increase the number of votes to push CW3 to the top 100?

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

This can't hurt so I've updated the description and posted a news item on the greenlight page.

That said, it is exposure the gets votes.  The content of the page is just what converts visits to yes votes.  What I need is visits....
The main ways that is accomplished is by driving people to the greenlight page via some marketing activity or having people find the greenlight page from within the greenlight system.  For instance, if one of the very highly ranked collections were to add CW3 to it's list, I would get thousands of visits in just a few days and move into the top 100 with ease.

If I had a teaser game right now promoting CW3  (or any CW title) I would bring in tens of thousands of new visits to knucklecracker.com and would send thousands over to greenlight...

pawel345

Can't you make some kind of a CW2:User Space in a jiffy?.....Guess it's not so easy? :P Or even another CW1:The Best Of?

knucracker

Yeah, I will be making another 'web' game.  I have not decided if it will be CW2 based or CW3 based.  It takes a few weeks to roll one plus the release has to be timed properly within the month.

cooltv27

I just posted a thread on the off topic of the Chuckle Fish forums telling people what games I play a lot and to check out all of them, and mentioned the creeper world games
hopefully that should get some attention for the game
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27