Pass The Map 3

Started by Grand Teki, January 19, 2018, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grand Teki

A bit modified PTM Rules

1. To let everyone know that you are making a section of the map, post LOCKED in this thread. Pick a square and make something there! Feel free to delete the border (or not, if you're into that.) Once you have made your section, finalize the map, post UNLOCKED and attach the map to this thread.

2. Only one person may reserve the map at a time. However, if you take longer than 24 hours to create your section, you forfeit and someone else can lock the map.

3. You may not contribute more than two map sections at once. If you have already contributed once, you must wait until at least three others have contributed after you.
  • 3a. You may ignore rule 3 if nobody has locked the map in 3 days and you were not the last contributor.
  • 3b. You may ignore rule 3 if you are only updating a script or custom image (please specify this in your LOCKED post). This doesn't count as one of your two contributions.
  • 3c. You may make 2 sections at once if the map has at least 16 (4x4) cells.
4. There's a UID 0 core in the upper left if you need it. Don't delete it (even if you don't need it)!

5. Map rules can be changed by public consensus alongside map-specific rules.

7. Once the final tweaks are done, MOST PEOPLE who contributed an area must submit a score before we can upload the map. If a lot of people can't do it, we need to make the map easier.

8. Since the thread creator gets to set the map-specific rules, public voting can change those too!

GM and Planetfall [in PTM1] noticed that some of our scripts aren't staying updated. As in, we post a map to the PTM thread after making a change to scripts, and the next person modifies the map and posts it with the old version of the scripts. This is an easy mistake to make. If you put the new map into the previous save folder, the scripts in that folder will be used instead of any script in the map with the same name. If you save, the script stored in the map gets overwritten. The solution is to either empty the old script folder before loading a new version of the map, or create a new folder each time.

Theme: 
Try to make it a bit connected to the Particle Fleet roleplay story found on the Hiigara Defence Force thread!
I'll modify the rules to make more sense - e.g. fusing rules 5 and 6
Map-Specific rules:
1. No totems! You must vote if you want to change this.
2. No ships over 300 CM cost if a quicker building solution isn't provided.
3. Particle max is 3000. Keep that in mind.
4. Metallic land height will be decided at the end!
5. #3 and #4 will only be applied in the final map.
6. Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10 energy (without mine production AMP bonus), but multiple square's power pool can be merged if agreed upon!
7. Minimum 9, maximum 25 amp gems total. Can be spread out or not.
However, the blank map is just a "test" map, but 3 and 4 are things to keep in mind whilst making squares.

NOTICE: This is a copy of the Pass The Map 2 thread's first post but it was modified. It will be 4x4 medium sized squares. Everything changed from the original thread will be highlighted in blue.
TFW quarantie
I'm @Grand Teki#2977 on Discord.

Behind these googly eyes, lies an introvert.

cpaca

I'd like to point out that the copy of PTM2 is an almost-exact copy of PTM1 
QuoteTheme: 
The map, although made by many people, must look like it was designed by 1 person.
[e.g. you don't have a fortress in top-left and then some random land in top-right and then really hard stuff in bottom left and then half the squares have PRPL that really only affects their square]
Map-Specific rules:
1. No totems!
2. No ships over 300 CM cost. 
4. Metallic land is land height 5
6. Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10 energy [ this is assuming no mine production AMP bonus, duh] 
7. Minimum 9 amp gems total. If one square has 9 amps, or each square has 1, I don't care.
However, the blank map is just a "test" map, but 3 and 4 are things to keep in mind whilst making squares.

That's the thing that comes at the very bottom of the message. I'd suggest you change some of that. Things I modified in that: 

The theme (Please please don't use that theme different theme this time plz) 
"No totems" I think this might have been in PTM1 but i'm not sure, change would be logical if you can come up with a reason. 
"No ships over 300 CM cost" OK that makes sense, makes sure one square doesn't have a super OP ship that upon capturing doesn't make all the other squares really strong. 
Nothing about modular superships though. 
"Particle max is 3000" If you want to change that, OK, but i would suggest keeping it under 4-5k as some potato computers might not be able to handle larger numbers. 
"Metallic land is land height 5" "Metallic land" is un-mireable land, so I think this one is logical to keep [but again, your choice] 
"#3 and #4 will only be applied in final map" yadda yadda etc. etc. basically "ok you get to do testing but that'll be final" 
"Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10" Your choice on this one, this was added in PTM2 but again, stops one square from having a ton of energy and just being overpowered in general 
"Minimum 9 amp gems total" In PTM1 we had the problem where nobody was adding AMP gems so it was near the end when we finally added some AMP gems. 

I cannot stress this part enough though: please change the theme 

Edit: Is this PTM6 because it's PTM 3 factorial and 3 factorial is 3*2*1 which is 6
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Grand Teki

Quote from: cpaca on January 19, 2018, 04:35:18 PM
I'd like to point out that the copy of PTM2 is an almost-exact copy of PTM1 
QuoteTheme: 
The map, although made by many people, must look like it was designed by 1 person.
[e.g. you don't have a fortress in top-left and then some random land in top-right and then really hard stuff in bottom left and then half the squares have PRPL that really only affects their square]
Map-Specific rules:
1. No totems!
2. No ships over 300 CM cost. 
4. Metallic land is land height 5
6. Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10 energy [ this is assuming no mine production AMP bonus, duh] 
7. Minimum 9 amp gems total. If one square has 9 amps, or each square has 1, I don't care.

That's the thing that comes at the very bottom of the message. I'd suggest you change some of that. Things I modified in that: 

The theme (Please please don't use that theme different theme this time plz) 
"No totems" I think this might have been in PTM1 but i'm not sure, change would be logical if you can come up with a reason. 
"No ships over 300 CM cost" OK that makes sense, makes sure one square doesn't have a super OP ship that upon capturing doesn't make all the other squares really strong. 
Nothing about modular superships though. 
"Particle max is 3000" If you want to change that, OK, but i would suggest keeping it under 4-5k as some potato computers might not be able to handle larger numbers. 
"Metallic land is land height 5" "Metallic land" is un-mireable land, so I think this one is logical to keep [but again, your choice] 
"#3 and #4 will only be applied in final map" yadda yadda etc. etc. basically "ok you get to do testing but that'll be final" 
"Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10" Your choice on this one, this was added in PTM2 but again, stops one square from having a ton of energy and just being overpowered in general 
"Minimum 9 amp gems total" In PTM1 we had the problem where nobody was adding AMP gems so it was near the end when we finally added some AMP gems. 

I cannot stress this part enough though: please change the theme 

Edit: Is this PTM6 because it's PTM 3 factorial and 3 factorial is 3*2*1 which is 6
[close]

I will change up the stuff you mentioned, but I'll try to keep it balanced and stuff.
TFW quarantie

Builder17

Quote from: Grand Teki on January 19, 2018, 02:10:50 PM
Theme: 
Try to make it a bit connected to the Particle Fleet roleplay story found on the Hiigara Defence Force thread!
Why it needs theme other than something to make it feel made of same person?
Quote from: Grand Teki on January 19, 2018, 02:10:50 PM
Map-Specific rules:
1. No totems! You must vote if you want to change this.
2. No ships over 300 CM cost if a quicker building solution isn't provided.
4. Metallic land height will be decided at the end!
6. Amt. of energy per square can NOT go over 10 energy (without mine production AMP bonus), but multiple square's power pool can be merged if agreed upon!
7. Minimum 9, maximum 25 amp gems total. Can be spread out or not.
I suggest keeping PRPL minimum to not make map too unusual?

I don't have much else to add to this. :/

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Grand Teki

Quote from: FOXX on February 28, 2018, 12:13:47 PM
when do we start with this PTM?
Sorry, I completely forgot about this. I'll probably do something tomorrow and let you guys make the map.
TFW quarantie

FOXX

Nice :)

I'll take a square for sure but i think the starter of the thread should go for the first square.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

bluebolt

So if I take a spot, it's ok if I add custom modules to enemy ships? :3
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

Grand Teki

Quote from: FOXX on February 28, 2018, 05:05:38 PM
Nice :)

I'll take a square for sure but i think the starter of the thread should go for the first square.
I totally respect your opinion, but I don't think I'll make the first square, I don't have any ideas >~<
typing that felt weird tbh
Quote from: bluebolt on February 28, 2018, 09:15:09 PM
So if I take a spot, it's ok if I add custom modules to enemy ships? :3
Whatever you feel like, just make it beatable please :)
TFW quarantie

FOXX

Quote from: Grand Teki on March 01, 2018, 09:32:33 AM
I totally respect your opinion, but I don't think I'll make the first square, I don't have any ideas >~<
typing that felt weird tbh

And i respect your opinion.
But do you have the starting Map to post here so somebody can get started :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Grand Teki

Quote from: FOXX on March 01, 2018, 11:03:29 AM
And i respect your opinion.
But do you have the starting Map to post here so somebody can get started :)
I'll post one tomorrow, I can't do it rn because life :|
TFW quarantie

FOXX

Quote from: Grand Teki on March 01, 2018, 11:52:31 AM
I'll post one tomorrow, I can't do it rn because life :|
So tomorrow it starts :)
I won't be able to hop in untill Sunday but i'll participate.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

bluebolt

Totally implementing some prpl stuff if i get a hold of a square

cpaca

Quote from: bluebolt on March 01, 2018, 04:51:28 PM
Totally implementing some prpl stuff if i get a hold of a square

You know you're not the only one with custom modules.

The CEO of the CMC called.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

bluebolt

I do know i'm not the only one, and I wasn't exactly referring to custom modules either. I was thinking of putting down some turrets...