Sorrontis' Inane Ramblings & Shower Thoughts

Started by Sorrontis, September 15, 2016, 12:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

The second line-up of ships. Notice they all have their own power cores? That's because the next map you have no friends.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Xalos

I also notice none of them have any ports - I take it if you lose any of them, they're gone for good? :P

GoodMorning

While I think of it, what opinions are there on rock burning layer-by-layer, as one-way Terp-analogs? That way islands might be leveled for Omnis, but metallicising one or more heights will allow mapmakers to make anti-Omni terrain if they so wish.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

jaworeq

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 18, 2016, 09:22:39 AM
While I think of it, what opinions are there on rock burning layer-by-layer, as one-way Terp-analogs? That way islands might be leveled for Omnis, but metallicising one or more heights will allow mapmakers to make anti-Omni terrain if they so wish.
Yeah, would be nice if land was flat and omni could fit there, instead of fiddling. Especially, if one does like me and fly them in groups. I send 5 to destination, then I still have to fix position of 2-3 of them.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Xalos on September 18, 2016, 01:08:04 AM
I also notice none of them have any ports - I take it if you lose any of them, they're gone for good? :P

Correct. If only I had a list of PRPL commands, I make is so that if you lose the HQ ship, you lose the map.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

planetfall

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 18, 2016, 12:07:50 PM
Quote from: Xalos on September 18, 2016, 01:08:04 AM

Correct. If only I had a list of PRPL commands, I make is so that if you lose the HQ ship, you lose the map.

IsHQPresent if
    1 ->wasPresent
else
    <-wasPresent if
        FailMission
    endif
endif
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Sorrontis

Thank you Planetfall, you're a god.

Where did you get the PRPL docs? When I go to the wiki, it's empty.

knucracker

I'll get the docs out just as soon as I'm past the release.  I have a tool that takes the docs and then spits out readable forms.  I used it to make a single HTML view of the docs (a single html page).  But I will be changing it to create wiki pages for each command instead, then I'll put the wiki pages up on the server.

I have to take a couple days to go through all of the PRPL command and minimally document them.  The core command are the same as CRPL, but it is the game specific APIs that everyone is interested in.

Sorrontis

Quote from: virgilw on September 18, 2016, 04:42:20 PM
I'll get the docs out just as soon as I'm past the release.  I have a tool that takes the docs and then spits out readable forms.  I used it to make a single HTML view of the docs (a single html page).  But I will be changing it to create wiki pages for each command instead, then I'll put the wiki pages up on the server.

I have to take a couple days to go through all of the PRPL command and minimally document them.  The core command are the same as CRPL, but it is the game specific APIs that everyone is interested in.

Yes sir we are. This is really should be low priority, PRPL is used only by a handful of us old faithfuls. We're all patient (and we know how to extract code!)  :-X

GoodMorning

Agreed. On a side note, thanks for the code snippets on the wiki, it makes it easier to understand the back end. I consider the idea of making a full game where the mechanics are based (in their entirety) on the scripting, so that any script has access to the complete logic, down to engine-level. Probably inefficient, but good for the minority who would script. We notice the exception far more than the rule, CW3 Totems/Forge.

Sorrontis

Code snippets? I might be missing something here.  ???

GoodMorning

When last I looked, Wiki->PF->PRPL->Alphabetic command list -> (various commands) commonly contained a section of code in... C#?

This gave a limited insight into Virgil's back-end of PRPL, such as the stack being composed of "Data" objects.

Sorrontis

Vanguard

Quote from: Ovalcircle on September 17, 2016, 08:32:05 PM
I was playing an exchange map and the blue ships and a doppel decided to travel to the next exchange map.

Well it´s the constituion class that is taking a hike after all. So, to boldly go where no particle fleet has gone before! 8)

harrymcb

Any "Inane Ramblings & Shower Thoughts" on "CITG". i don't have the preview but as i understand it a CITG is a fun 2 line message and a small image. I'm wondering what can be put in them?