Desura Transfer to Steam

Started by Ashar, March 19, 2016, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashar

Apparently Desura is completly gone now, the website doesnt even load. I went through my games list on desura when i first heard they were closing, but my copy of creeper world 3 didnt offer me a steam key, only a digital download. Is there anyway i can get a steam key, i can forward the email i got from desura when i bought the game on desura, i bought it a while back, Fri, 20 Dec 2013 according to my email from desura. Id really prefer not havign to pay for it again.

I read the faq you wrote about this matter, but non are applicable, i cant retrieve my activation key from teh site, because desura doesnt load anymore, i dont have the dat file from when it was installed, because i have reinstalled my os a bunch of times since i last played it.

Karsten75

Does the email from Desura - the one you're offering to forward - not have the key in it? How else would you have obtained the key? Regardless of how/where you downloaded, the site you download from should have given you a key and they typically do that via the email.

Ashar

The key was not in the email, desura never gave keys in the emails, it was listed on the website, but you cant access the website anymore, because desura is no more.

SidGauVic

I literally made an account because I saw this post. You can still get your games from Desura as it is still loading as of the time of this post, but I'm not sure for how long.

Firstly, don't try to reset your password, I've seen people have trouble with that.

Your issue with access might be due to security certificates in firefox. See this link for information to add lines to the host file and regain access to Desura's website: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/4b3lpq/it_looks_like_desura_is_dead_for_real_now/

If you have a lot of stuff on Desura that needs to be backed up, try to use this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/4bksoi/emergency_desura_collection_dumper_update/

Hope this helps!