How hard are you ?

Started by xing, June 19, 2011, 02:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammygood

Sammygood large/high Wow... hardly any drones, and they are stuck in bottom of map, a few emmiters with max strength of 5m... Normal gravity, build up. This map is just any old plain boring map D:

TonyP2000

Try TonyP2000 and tell me what you think. 
It's...interesting.   ;)
Vote Tony!

thepenguin

try penguin instead of thepenguin

its much harder
We have become the creeper...

Emmote

'Emmote' on any setting is pretty easy.

'Emmbrace' (Large/High), my old name, is somewhat more difficult as it has a surface emitter, but it's still quite easy due to the gravity direction - although it's fields can throw you if you're not careful.
It threw me at first because gravity is Up-Left and build direction is Down. Confused the hell out of me.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Grauniad

Is it only me that sees the adianoeta in the title of this thread? :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Grauniad on June 21, 2011, 03:23:55 PM

LOL Mind out of the gutter Grauniad..... ;)

Mare

I know what you mean,  please keep your minds clean ;) ;)
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

UpperKEES

A dirty mind is a joy forever.... ;)

Now back on topic please! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

iycgtptyarvg

Not really my user name, but my birth date has these settings:

SettingValue
Gravity DirectionDown
Gravity Strength1G
Build DirectionUp
FieldsYes
ExperimentalsNo
Emitter Count7
Avg. Emitter Strength15.9M
Max Emitter Strength90.1M
Gateway Count1
Drone Count6
Avg. Drone Strength12
Phantom Count0

I beat the level in just under an hour. It was basically 1 pool with all the emitters. The amount of creeper was extremely high, and required more than 60 energy per second to survive. No experimentals meant getting rid of the largest emitter was a nightmare.

My name is S.H.Bouwhuis, which makes for an easy map. But S.H.Bouwhui (so, without the s at the end) has these settings:

SettingValue
Gravity DirectionNone
Gravity Strength0G
Build DirectionAll
FieldsYes
ExperimentalsYes
Emitter Count10
Avg. Emitter Strength128.3M
Max Emitter Strength407M
Gateway Count3
Drone Count42
Avg. Drone Strength6
Phantom Count0

This sounds crazy... 42 drones, 10 emitters, and max of 407M!

Ebon Heart

I didn't want to be the first one to point it out... but yes. lol
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Katra

Katra - large/high  Not especially difficult; but required some different strategies because of 5G to top left and variable fields that dump waves of creeper into the sky. Plus having to build upside down means digging virtually every reactor space.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Kamron3

Kamron3 (Large/High) seems pretty easy

Charlie Sheen (Large/High) used to be much harder than it is now.

Ichigo (Large/High) is dead easy. It has a huge crevice reaching down the right side of the map.

Gaara (Large/High) actually looks like it may prove a challenge to newbie/intermediate players. Destructable terrain gives away and allows a gateway at the bottom to reach the surface. And if you wait an extremely long amount of time, a 3rd gateway will pop open to the surface.

Aizen (Large/High) is an easy map. Has an emitter and a gateway right below the surface.

Kamron3 has come quite a long way as a code map since the beta. It used to be an instant-win map with 0 gateways and emitters.
(And yes, these used to be old nicknames of mine)

Mare

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 21, 2011, 10:38:11 PM
Kamron3 (Large/High) seems pretty easy

Charlie Sheen (Large/High) used to be much harder than it is now.

Ichigo (Large/High) is dead easy. It has a huge crevice reaching down the right side of the map.

Gaara (Large/High) actually looks like it may prove a challenge to newbie/intermediate players. Destructable terrain gives away and allows a gateway at the bottom to reach the surface. And if you wait an extremely long amount of time, a 3rd gateway will pop open to the surface.

Aizen (Large/High) is an easy map. Has an emitter and a gateway right below the surface.

Kamron3 has come quite a long way as a code map since the beta. It used to be an instant-win map with 0 gateways and emitters.
(And yes, these used to be old nicknames of mine)

Surprisingly, those maps are pretty easy, complete opposite of their names. :)
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

iycgtptyarvg

'Hell' is an easy map, but 'Heaven' is quite mean with an emitter of 608.9M.
I don't think this map is possible, because it has a surface emitter of more than 9000K.

SettingValue
Gravity DirectionNone
Gravity Strength0G
Build DirectionAll
FieldsYes
ExperimentalsYes
Emitter Count10
Avg. Emitter Strength132.2M
Max Emitter Strength608.9M
Gateway Count3
Drone Count13
Avg. Drone Strength10
Phantom Count4

Can someone tell me what the maximum emitter strength is?
Are there emitters over 1G?

Mare

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on June 23, 2011, 05:14:03 PM
'Hell' is an easy map, but 'Heaven' is quite mean with an emitter of 608.9M.
I don't think this map is possible, because it has a surface emitter of more than 9000K.

SettingValue
Gravity DirectionNone
Gravity Strength0G
Build DirectionAll
FieldsYes
ExperimentalsYes
Emitter Count10
Avg. Emitter Strength132.2M
Max Emitter Strength608.9M
Gateway Count3
Drone Count13
Avg. Drone Strength10
Phantom Count4

Can someone tell me what the maximum emitter strength is?
Are there emitters over 1G?

You don't have to list all that info, just tell us the map code name and it will tell us everything.
The highest I have seen is around 800 M, can you clarify what the "1G" is?

Don't worry though, if there are surface emitters than they are usually weak emitters because they are at the surface, that is how the map is coded. The strongest emitters are the ones underground...

By the way, this topic is for maps concerning you name, if you want to talk about impossible or hard maps, then try these threads:

Impossible:http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7236.0

Hard:http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7235.0