Only the hardest: High Complexity - Surface Emitter - Titan - No Experimentals

Started by UpperKEES, June 16, 2011, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

This topic is to list and discuss a special type of code maps.

These maps need to feature:
1. High Complexity.
2. At least one surface emitter (an emitter that has direct contact with the surface and the LS from the start, not even separated by a single piece of decayable terrain).
3. A titan emitter (any emitter with an intensity of 20M or more, which implies a High Complexity map).
4. No Experimentals (these make it too easy and often make conquering the bottom part a bit boring).

Also note:
- Size doesn't matter, because a small map can be harder than a large one (due to space limitations and emitter/gateway placement).
- Drones and/or phantoms aren't a requirement, because not anyone will like them. The same goes for fields.

Please indicate the code map name in red and the recommended size in green. Feel free to specify some more interesting details.

An example:
snow think sun - large (no surface drones, 7 emitters, titan = 120M, fields, standard build direction and gravity, no phantoms)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kithros

some go once medium/high (large/high optional)

There is no exaggeration when I say that this is an extremely hard map - there are probably only a small handful of people who will be able to beat it at all (without using the LS to distract the drones indefinitely that is - it is not necessary to do that). Surface emitter and gateway, with fields pushing the creeper up even faster to boot, at 1:10 the decaying terrain to a lot of 10 health drones breaks free, followed by 10 phantoms every 1:40, then finally at 2:10 the decaying terrain to a 3rd gateway (only has 3 drones at a time, but even so) with 12 HP drones - oh, and probably worth mentioning that this room also involves a 76M intensity emitter - the terrain will decay through straight to the titan emitter, and you will only have a few minutes to prepare for it while still constantly being harassed by drones, creeper, and phantoms all the while.

The large/high version has somewhat less aggressive positions for the gateways and emitters, and it also has more gems at the beginning to work with - but if you want to play a *really* hard map then try it on medium/high.

Kithros

grass car three small/high

There's virtually no threat of actually losing on this map - but if you aren't careful with how you use your crystals and ore, you might not be able to nullify the last emitter. Features a 100M intensity emitter on a small map, and you can only get just above 30 energy collection at the most. It requires a lot of patience, but it can give some good practice for how to deal with high intensity emitters efficiently (in terms of energy at least).

warutel

Quote from: Kithros on June 16, 2011, 05:11:54 PM

There is no exaggeration when I say that this is an extremely hard map - there are probably only a small handful of people who will be able to beat it at all (without using the LS to distract the drones indefinitely that is - it is not necessary to do that). Surface emitter and gateway, with fields pushing the creeper up even faster to boot, at 1:10 the decaying terrain to a lot of 10 health drones breaks free, followed by 10 phantoms every 1:40, then finally at 2:10 the decaying terrain to a 3rd gateway (only has 3 drones at a time, but even so) with 12 HP drones - oh, and probably worth mentioning that this room also involves a 76M intensity emitter - the terrain will decay through straight to the titan emitter, and you will only have a few minutes to prepare for it while still constantly being harassed by drones, creeper, and phantoms all the while.

The large/high version has somewhat less aggressive positions for the gateways and emitters, and it also has more gems at the beginning to work with - but if you want to play a *really* hard map then try it on medium/high.

Really cool map! Let's see what I can do : D

Shroom Agent 27

make and morning large/high (Right 1.84 G All build 12 phantoms, 5 emitters, Avg.  31.7 M MAX. 105.9 M)

UpperKEES

jump play up - large

Very large cave open to the surface. Drones will join the surface soon along with a 70M titan that is pushed around by fields. The 3G downwards gravity will buy you some time however.

Mare

Rho Psi Tau   Large/high

FASTEST FIELDS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! They switch about every 3 secs!!! Combined with a weak drone spam.
The hard part is just getting a starting position, everything should be easy after that.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Fisherck

Snow one coat Small/High (did you accidentally switch the color order :))

51.1 million emitter on small, which will soon be connected to the surface. Left gravity, which somewhat limits your space but also protects you from the surface emitter. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on June 16, 2011, 09:29:08 PM
(did you accidentally switch the color order :))

Oops, I did (and even asked Kithros to swap the colors when he posted it right). My apologies. :-[ Corrected, but I guess it's all fine when different colors are used so it's clear which characters are included in the map name.

MadMag

miato freaudus allimant Go small/high (strong surface emitter, strong emitter behind decayable terrain and a Titan boxed in by stones in a corner)

Nemoricus

Ten Large/High - Two surface emitters, a surface gateway, and decayable terrain that will allow another weak emitter and a stronger emitter to reach the surface. Oh, and gravity is up on this map. Have fun with the limited starting terrain!

Did I mention that it also has phantoms?

Bacteriophage

one shoe may large/high
Surface titan (with fields), decaying terrain to 19-health drones, and limited space.  2.25G rightward gravity  buys you some time, but soon a formidable bubble of creeper starts to build... (note: not completed by me.)

BoostBreed75

Quote from: warutel on June 16, 2011, 05:48:10 PM
Quote from: Kithros on June 16, 2011, 05:11:54 PM

Did this on the Large/High and it it's gruelingly slow. (still have not completed

Kithros

You don't need nearly that many blasters - you should be spending more energy on launchers - they are vastly more cost efficient for doing damage to high density creeper - you should only be using just enough blasters/repulsors to keep the creeper from overflowing, and rely on launchers to do the damage (when dealing with dense creeper). Also, when I did it, I used some launchers + blasters to push towards the bottom at the same time - this gives more reactor space, and it will also make it faster once you actually reach the titan emitter since the creeper under it won't keep flooding up too. On Large/high I believe it took me about 33 minutes or so.

BoostBreed75

Well Kithros, I'd be a fool not to take advice from the best. Thanks.